The body of pop singer Whitney Houston has been was flown to her home in New Jersey for her funeral expected to take place at the end of the week.
As arrangements were being made, new details emerged about the circumstances surrounding the 48-year-old’s sudden death.
It has been reported Houston’s body was found underwater in a bath in her hotel room.
Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department spoke to reporters: “Ms Houston’s body was pulled from the bathtub and, when first responders arrived on the scene, she was unconscious and unresponsive. First aid and CPR measures were performed in an attempt to revive her. They were unsuccessful and at approximately 3.55 on Saturday, Whitney Houston was pronounced dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.”
Outside the hotel fans continued to pay tribute with flowers and cards.
While Houston’s struggle with drug abuse is widely known the Los Angeles Coroners Department has declined to confirm cause of death pending toxicology reports.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5Ukraine offers devolution as pro-Russian separatists vow to continue protests
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 22:34 CET Sudanese militants kill two, kidnap three at oil field
- 22:31 CET Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter
- 22:15 CET Iran slams U.S. justice verdict on Manhattan skyscraper
- 21:52 CET U.N. envoy say Israel tried to bar him from pre-Easter rites
- 21:21 CET Two killed by bomb inside Bahrain car – ministry
- 21:16 CET High stakes as restive Benghazi votes in Libyan local polls
- 20:49 CET Man under evaluation for alleged gun threat at L.A. Times building
- 19:13 CET Italy gives wife, daughter of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status