The body of pop singer Whitney Houston has been was flown to her home in New Jersey for her funeral expected to take place at the end of the week.
As arrangements were being made, new details emerged about the circumstances surrounding the 48-year-old’s sudden death.
It has been reported Houston’s body was found underwater in a bath in her hotel room.
Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department spoke to reporters: “Ms Houston’s body was pulled from the bathtub and, when first responders arrived on the scene, she was unconscious and unresponsive. First aid and CPR measures were performed in an attempt to revive her. They were unsuccessful and at approximately 3.55 on Saturday, Whitney Houston was pronounced dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.”
Outside the hotel fans continued to pay tribute with flowers and cards.
While Houston’s struggle with drug abuse is widely known the Los Angeles Coroners Department has declined to confirm cause of death pending toxicology reports.
Wires > News
- 23:17 CET Western-backed Syrian opposition’s chief peace negotiator quits…
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle