Members of the Baptist church in New Jersey where the late Whitney Houston began her solo career have expressed sadness and shock at the sudden death of the singer and actress.
There has been growing speculation over the cause of death of the 48-year-old whom coroners have confirmed was discovered dead in the bath of her Beverly Hills hotel room.
But Los Angeles Chief Coroner Ed Winter gave very little away when he spoke to reporters:
“We have concluded the autopsy on Miss Whitney Houston. It was concluded today. There will be no cause of death at this time because it is pending toxicology reports and that could take up to six to eight weeks.”
Although Houston enjoyed tremendous professional success she had struggled with drug abuse for years. She died on Saturday afternoon – she had been due to attend a pre-Grammy gala.
At the annual music awards ceremony tributes were paid to the pop diva who during a 30-year career established herself as one of the most admired and influential singers of her time.
Latest world news
German weekend football dominated by AfD chief’s ‘racist’ Boateng comment
Germany: Storm leaves several dead including teenage girl and firefighter
Mexican footballer Alan Pulido freed after kidnap ordeal
Washington pays tribute to US military casualties at Memorial Day concert
Iraq army ‘begins assault’ on ISIL bastion of Falluja
Wires > News
- 12:29 CET Turkey’s Erdogan – No Muslim family should engage in birth control
- 12:11 CET Roadside bomb kills two police in southeast Turkey – security…
- 12:09 CET Philippine Congress proclaims Duterte winner of presidential…
- 11:56 CET China’s anti-graft agency investigates Jiangsu province deputy…
- 11:49 CET Turkish government says wants presidency bill in parliament soon
- 11:46 CET Turkey, Israel still discussing normalisation – Turkish deputy PM
- 11:44 CET Bahrain lengthens Shi’ite leader’s jail term to 9 years -…
- 11:42 CET Turkey’s Erdogan accuses Russia of arming PKK militants – newspaper