Members of the Baptist church in New Jersey where the late Whitney Houston began her solo career have expressed sadness and shock at the sudden death of the singer and actress.
There has been growing speculation over the cause of death of the 48-year-old whom coroners have confirmed was discovered dead in the bath of her Beverly Hills hotel room.
But Los Angeles Chief Coroner Ed Winter gave very little away when he spoke to reporters:
“We have concluded the autopsy on Miss Whitney Houston. It was concluded today. There will be no cause of death at this time because it is pending toxicology reports and that could take up to six to eight weeks.”
Although Houston enjoyed tremendous professional success she had struggled with drug abuse for years. She died on Saturday afternoon – she had been due to attend a pre-Grammy gala.
At the annual music awards ceremony tributes were paid to the pop diva who during a 30-year career established herself as one of the most admired and influential singers of her time.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Latest world news
‘Last chance’ meeting for Greece as euro zone creditors gather
Tsakalotos reveals notes but no new proposals at Eurogroup
Greek people worry about their savings and their country’s future
Al Shabaab kills quarry workers in Kenya gun attack
Migrant dies in Channel Tunnel after jumping on UK-bound train
Wires > News
- 19:29 CET Six powers and Iran to continue nuclear talks past deadline
- 19:22 CET Sierra Leone urged to ban FGM after backing women’s rights treaty
- 19:21 CET ‘Real risk’ of famine in Yemen as death toll passes 3,000
- 19:09 CET Israel says Islamic State’s Sinai assault aimed to help Hamas get…
- 18:40 CET Suspect in Charleston church shooting indicted on 9 murder counts
- 17:15 CET Bomb kills dozens in north Nigeria, gunmen open fire on crowd
- 17:13 CET Pakistan kills leader of anti-Shi’ite militants in southwest
- 17:10 CET U.S. only training 60 Syrian fighters, far below expectations