Members of the Baptist church in New Jersey where the late Whitney Houston began her solo career have expressed sadness and shock at the sudden death of the singer and actress.
There has been growing speculation over the cause of death of the 48-year-old whom coroners have confirmed was discovered dead in the bath of her Beverly Hills hotel room.
But Los Angeles Chief Coroner Ed Winter gave very little away when he spoke to reporters:
“We have concluded the autopsy on Miss Whitney Houston. It was concluded today. There will be no cause of death at this time because it is pending toxicology reports and that could take up to six to eight weeks.”
Although Houston enjoyed tremendous professional success she had struggled with drug abuse for years. She died on Saturday afternoon – she had been due to attend a pre-Grammy gala.
At the annual music awards ceremony tributes were paid to the pop diva who during a 30-year career established herself as one of the most admired and influential singers of her time.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Syrian army announces 48-hour ‘regime of calm’ in Aleppo
Fires threaten to engulf Canadian city
Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
“Life was better then” – Serbs commemorate death of Marshal Tito
Wires > News
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city
- 18:43 CET NATO approves Israeli representation to its headquarters
- 18:38 CET U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of ‘quick reaction force’