The cold snap continues in Eastern Europe.
The Romanian counties of Buzau, Galati, and Vrancea have been hit by heavy blizzards.
Officials there have asked the central authorities to declare a state of emergency.
An estimated 60,000 people have been left stranded by the icy weather.
Even the Danube has frozen over as temperatures drop as low as minus 20 degrees Celsius.
It started to ice over earlier this month.
Along the Romanian river banks, boat owners have struggled to free their vessels.
The Georgian capital of Tbilissi also remains gripped by freezing temperatures.
Forecasters show the mercury will dip to minus 16 degrees Celsius on Saturday.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 3Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different?
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 17Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 18Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 19World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > News
- 19:54 CET Russians seethe over Western snub of war anniversary parade
- 19:49 CET Burundi tells foreign envoys to stay neutral over unrest
- 19:47 CET Saudi-led planes bomb Sanaa airport to stop Iranian plane landing
- 19:42 CET Drug convicts executed in Indonesia, Filipina not among them -…
- 19:36 CET More than 150 rescued from burning ferry off Spain
- 19:25 CET Baltimore mayor criticized for police response to rioting
- 19:06 CET U.S. says Iranian forces fire on and board cargo ship in Gulf
- 18:43 CET Missing British girl’s parents win damages from Portuguese…