Paul McCartney has been given a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame, making him the last member of the Beatles to get one.
At the unveiling, he made sure to remember his bandmates in the iconic group.
“I couldn’t have done it without a certain three boys. So I want to say thanks to those guys, John, George and Ringo,” McCartney said.
A host of fans turned out to see him on the Walk as his star made the total number 2,460.
The Beatles were given a star as a group in 1998, more than 25 years after they split up. Lennon and Harrison were given their individual stars several years after their deaths in 1980 and 2001 respectively, while Starr got his in 2010.
Ringo Starr was prevented from attending the ceremony because of illness, but rocker Neil Young was on hand to pay tribute to McCartney as a singer and songwriter “at the top of his game”.
His latest album, released this week, is called ‘Kisses from the Bottom’. It is a compilation of tributes to McCartney’s favourite performers.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia
- 2Putin denies he wants to create a new Iron Curtain
- 3Turkish President sparks row by saying women are not equal to men
- 4Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania
- 5Clashes as Hong Kong protesters try to regain lost ground
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 7Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 8India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 11European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 16Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 18Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > News
- 10:04 CET Militants attack Indian base in Kashmir region, three dead
- 09:51 CET Stigma and isolation haunt South Korean families of convicted…
- 09:23 CET Motorcycle suicide bomber hits British embassy vehicle in Afghan…
- 09:22 CET Thai court sentences five to death in war-torn south
- 09:18 CET West struggles with Russia’s ‘ambiguous warfare’ tactics
- 09:08 CET Sweden Democrats say to decide on crucial budget vote on Tuesday
- 09:03 CET Greece paralysed by major strike, flights cancelled
- 08:18 CET Libya’s recognised government appoints new chairman of state oil…