At least 12 people have been killed and more than 2,500 injured in the third day of clashes between police and protesters in Egypt.
The latest unrest came after the deaths of 74 people at a football match on Wednesday.
Protesters blame loyalists of ousted leader Hosni Mubarak for trying to destabilise the country.
“We want the military council to step down and hand authority to civilians. We want fair trials for those who have committed crimes against the revolutionaries,” said one woman protesting in Cairo.
Groups have been gathering outside the Interior Ministry.
Security forces have responded by firing pellets and tear gas at the protesters.
The army took over after Mubarak was forced from office by last year’s uprising.
It has promised to give way to an elected president by the end of June.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.