A small theatre company in Copenhagen is causing controversy with plans to stage a play based on the writings of Anders Behring Breivik, who carried out the Oslo massacre.
An actor will play Breivik and read from his 1,500-page so-called manifesto. It has drawn complaints from Norway and Denmark.
Per Balch Sorensen, the father of a Danish woman who was shot expressed outraged telling the newspaper Politiken, that it is too soon to do something like this and the play would be a sort of endorsement Breivik’s actions.
But the theatre defended itself by saying that only by discovering Breivik’s thoughts can a repetition of the atrocity be avoided.
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
- 3A handshake, a kiss and a hug at historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders
- 4Narrow defeat for Austria far-right as Van der Bellen elected president
- 5Protests against France’s labour reforms spread across the country with transport targeted
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 3The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Kazakh police break up anti-government protests
Latest world news
Austria’s president-elect talks of uniting his divided country
Missing EgyptAir flight made no “swerves” before crashing – Cairo
ISIL-claimed bombings on Assad strongholds are condemned by US and Russia
Catalonia: severe viral outbreak hospitalses more than 20 children
French union blockades spark petrol shortages
Wires > News
- 07:55 CET French police clear refinery blockade with water cannon, tear gas…
- 07:09 CET Facebook changes policies on ‘Trending Topics’ after criticism
- 07:04 CET Firefighters protect Canada’s oil sands battling 1,100 C flames
- 06:17 CET South Korea says more North Korean restaurant workers defect from…
- 03:26 CET Brazil’s new top diplomat shifts focus from ideology to trade
- 01:20 CET Canadian-Iranian citizen sentenced in U.S. for violating Iran…
- 23:03 CET Honduran family seeks dismissal of U.S. money laundering case
- 22:49 CET Taliban planned new attacks on U.S. targets in Kabul – …