For Stephane Peterhansel in the cars section it will be his 10th overall, an absolute Dakar record.
He holds a near 43-minute lead over his nearest rival, and Sunday’s special stage is only 29 kilometres long. What could go wrong?
Mini teammate Nani Roma will take second confirming the superiority of the team over all comers this year.
In the motorbikes section Cyril Despres is heading towards his fourth Dakar victory barring disaster…but just ask Marc Coma about disasters. He messed up his navigation on Saturday and turned a more than one and a half minute lead into second place.
Only the toughest have got to the end of the 33rd Dakar rally: just 190 out of 443 competitors who began on New Years Day made it to the start on the penultimate day.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 15:09 CET I’d have more recognition if I wasn’t African, says Toure
- 14:35 CET Team mate beating me fair and square – Vettel
- 13:33 CET Moores returns as England coach
- 11:11 CET Hamilton on pole for Mercedes in wet China
- 07:02 CET Ricciardo puts Red Bull on top in wet final practice in China
- 00:55 CET Honda to focus on McLaren in 2015
- 23:55 CET Korean K.J. Choi beats bad weather to take Heritage lead
- 23:35 CET It’s getting increasingly tough for bowlers, says Ajmal