For Stephane Peterhansel in the cars section it will be his 10th overall, an absolute Dakar record.
He holds a near 43-minute lead over his nearest rival, and Sunday’s special stage is only 29 kilometres long. What could go wrong?
Mini teammate Nani Roma will take second confirming the superiority of the team over all comers this year.
In the motorbikes section Cyril Despres is heading towards his fourth Dakar victory barring disaster…but just ask Marc Coma about disasters. He messed up his navigation on Saturday and turned a more than one and a half minute lead into second place.
Only the toughest have got to the end of the 33rd Dakar rally: just 190 out of 443 competitors who began on New Years Day made it to the start on the penultimate day.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 5English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 6Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 13‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 14Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 15euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 16Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 17Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
- 19Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
- 20London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
Wires > Sport
- 15:30 CET Palace midfielder Jedinak accepts violent conduct charge
- 15:26 CET Sunderland’s Johnson bailed until March 18 – BBC
- 15:05 CET Van Gaal urges patience over misfiring Di Maria
- 14:28 CET Terry certain to get new Chelsea deal – Mourinho
- 13:59 CET Whelan resigns as Wigan chairman, hands over to grandson
- 13:33 CET Less is more for Silverstone organisers
- 13:27 CET Wenger banking on Arsenal consistency in top-four fight
- 12:47 CET English FA wants British team at Rio Olympics