For Stephane Peterhansel in the cars section it will be his 10th overall, an absolute Dakar record.
He holds a near 43-minute lead over his nearest rival, and Sunday’s special stage is only 29 kilometres long. What could go wrong?
Mini teammate Nani Roma will take second confirming the superiority of the team over all comers this year.
In the motorbikes section Cyril Despres is heading towards his fourth Dakar victory barring disaster…but just ask Marc Coma about disasters. He messed up his navigation on Saturday and turned a more than one and a half minute lead into second place.
Only the toughest have got to the end of the 33rd Dakar rally: just 190 out of 443 competitors who began on New Years Day made it to the start on the penultimate day.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 00:25 CET Silver fern gives Adams the desire to keep on winning
- 23:33 CET Glazers to raise $150 million by cutting Manchester United stake
- 23:28 CET Copenhagen fans attacked in Kiev, match interrupted
- 23:02 CET Firestone a perfect place for Tiger to salvage season
- 22:47 CET Malaysian Formula E race postponed at PM’s request
- 22:15 CET Premier League to use vanishing spray from this season
- 22:14 CET Lukaku leaves Chelsea to join Everton in £28 million deal
- 22:09 CET I need a hug, says Scolari on Gremio return