15/01/12 09:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
For Stephane Peterhansel in the cars section it will be his 10th overall, an absolute Dakar record.
He holds a near 43-minute lead over his nearest rival, and Sunday’s special stage is only 29 kilometres long. What could go wrong?
Mini teammate Nani Roma will take second confirming the superiority of the team over all comers this year.
In the motorbikes section Cyril Despres is heading towards his fourth Dakar victory barring disaster…but just ask Marc Coma about disasters. He messed up his navigation on Saturday and turned a more than one and a half minute lead into second place.
Only the toughest have got to the end of the 33rd Dakar rally: just 190 out of 443 competitors who began on New Years Day made it to the start on the penultimate day.
- 1Euro 2016: Portugal, Poland and Wales through to quarter-finals
- 2Euro 2016: Hungary win Group F, Iceland and Portugal also reach last 16
- 3England exit via Iceland; Italy knock out holders Spain
- 4Euro 2016: Perisic winner for Croatia stuns Spain
- 5Euro 2016: Griezmann saves France blushes, World Champs Germany in cruise control as Red Devils of Belgium too hot to handle
PSG appoint Emery as new coach
Messi quits Argentina after Copa America defeat to Chile
Europeans dominate final day of Budapest Judo Grand Prix
Russia end European Fencing Championships on golden not
Judo: Youthful Japanese team sound Rio warning bells after dominant display at Budapest Grand Prix
Wires > Sport
- 16:15 CET Under Armour leads Olympic marketing shake-up after ‘rule 40‘…
- 15:57 CET Umtiti set to join Barcelona from Lyon, L’Equipe reports
- 15:51 CET Radwanska keeps up her 100 percentage Wimbledon first-round record
- 15:32 CET Spain veteran Casillas hints at retirement
- 15:15 CET Israeli forward Zahavi signs for Chinese side Guangzhou
- 15:06 CET Berdych battles to four-set win at rain-hit Wimbledon
- 15:01 CET Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy
- 15:00 CET Rudisha faces tough test at Kenyan Olympic trials