Spain’s Marc Coma produced a stunning performance to claim the 12th stage of the Dakar Rally in Nasca on Friday.
The 35 year old, who had been more than two minutes off the lead overnight, outclassed fellow countryman Joan Barreda Bort while KTM team-mate Jordi Viladoms had to settle for third place.
This win sees Coma regain top spot, 1min 35 secs ahead of French rider Cyril Despres after he finished fourth.
Elsewhere, American Hummer driver Robby Gordon held his nerve to edge out Russia’s Leonid Novitsky while Dutch driver Gérard de Rooy outclassed fellow countryman Hans Stacey to clinch a hard fought win in the truck category.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 08:55 CET Algeria’s Mbolhi leaves Bulgaria for MLS
- 06:56 CET Shoulder surgery set to sideline All Blacks prop Woodcock
- 04:55 CET South Korea short-lists three foreign coaches
- 04:23 CET Cho named as new head of Pyeongchang 2018 organisers
- 04:11 CET Glazers to raise $150 million by cutting Manchester United stake
- 02:49 CET Scott once again wary of challengers for the top spot
- 00:25 CET Silver fern gives Adams the desire to keep on winning
- 23:28 CET Copenhagen fans attacked in Kiev, match interrupted