Spain’s Marc Coma produced a stunning performance to claim the 12th stage of the Dakar Rally in Nasca on Friday.
The 35 year old, who had been more than two minutes off the lead overnight, outclassed fellow countryman Joan Barreda Bort while KTM team-mate Jordi Viladoms had to settle for third place.
This win sees Coma regain top spot, 1min 35 secs ahead of French rider Cyril Despres after he finished fourth.
Elsewhere, American Hummer driver Robby Gordon held his nerve to edge out Russia’s Leonid Novitsky while Dutch driver Gérard de Rooy outclassed fellow countryman Hans Stacey to clinch a hard fought win in the truck category.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > Sport
- 17:20 CET Nibali in fine shape to defend Tour title
- 17:14 CET Cavendish ready to bulk up with more stage wins
- 17:04 CET Pastore proves to be missing attacking link for Argentina
- 17:01 CET Rosberg fastest in British GP practice
- 16:38 CET Frenchman Gasquet sends poor Dimitrov home at Wimbledon
- 16:34 CET Aces high as firebrand Kyrgios knocks out Raonic
- 16:20 CET New gadgets, but legs and sweat still key to Tour
- 15:53 CET Wimbledon still abuzz over dread-locked Brown