Spain’s Marc Coma produced a stunning performance to claim the 12th stage of the Dakar Rally in Nasca on Friday.
The 35 year old, who had been more than two minutes off the lead overnight, outclassed fellow countryman Joan Barreda Bort while KTM team-mate Jordi Viladoms had to settle for third place.
This win sees Coma regain top spot, 1min 35 secs ahead of French rider Cyril Despres after he finished fourth.
Elsewhere, American Hummer driver Robby Gordon held his nerve to edge out Russia’s Leonid Novitsky while Dutch driver Gérard de Rooy outclassed fellow countryman Hans Stacey to clinch a hard fought win in the truck category.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 10:08 CET Veteran F1 boss Ecclestone faces German bribery trial
- 10:05 CET Red Bull and McLaren at legal loggerheads
- 09:08 CET Swansea still not safe, says manager Monk
- 02:19 CET Donald closes strongly for third round lead at Heritage
- 00:13 CET Cavani double hands PSG French League Cup trophy
- 23:04 CET Sporting cling to title hopes, reach Champions League
- 21:20 CET Pulis relief as Palace secure safety before title-chasers arrive
- 19:23 CET Americans Furyk and Martin join Choi in Heritage lead