Spain’s Marc Coma produced a stunning performance to claim the 12th stage of the Dakar Rally in Nasca on Friday.
The 35 year old, who had been more than two minutes off the lead overnight, outclassed fellow countryman Joan Barreda Bort while KTM team-mate Jordi Viladoms had to settle for third place.
This win sees Coma regain top spot, 1min 35 secs ahead of French rider Cyril Despres after he finished fourth.
Elsewhere, American Hummer driver Robby Gordon held his nerve to edge out Russia’s Leonid Novitsky while Dutch driver Gérard de Rooy outclassed fellow countryman Hans Stacey to clinch a hard fought win in the truck category.
- 1Leicester City aiming for maiden top-flight crown at Theatre of Dreams
- 2The world’s greatest goalscorer – remembering Hungary’s Ferenc Puskas
- 3Leicester City’s title-celebrations on ice after Man United draw
- 4Quintana wins Tour de Romandie as Albasini sprints to final stage honours
- 5NBA playoffs: Miami turn up the heat against Hornets to take series to decisive seventh game
- 1Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 2Preview Champions League: Manchester City v Real Madrid
- 3Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
- 4Juventus and Dynamo Kiev secure league crowns, Leicester close in on historic Premier League title
- 5Iranian climber’s World Cup dream comes true
Wires > Sport
- 20:16 CET Burnley unlock riches with promotion to Premier League
- 20:13 CET Bayern winger Ribery ruled fit for Atletico semi-final
- 19:18 CET Atletico to focus on teamwork against Bayern, says Torres
- 19:11 CET Big Gibraltar win in fight for FIFA membership
- 18:44 CET Thought I was dying, says former England batsman Taylor
- 18:26 CET Hulk’s two penalties help Zenit win Russian Cup
- 18:12 CET Ethiopian national coach’s contract terminated after poor results
- 17:54 CET Golf-An, Stuard and Lovemark in New Orleans playoff