The most popular comments on Vladimir Putin’s presidential campaign website are ones calling for him to quit politics.
Just three hours after launching, the top three remarks ask the Russian prime minister to resign and withdraw his candidacy for president.
However, another comment in the top five praised the prime minister, wishing him luck in the March election and calling him ‘the best person in the world’.
According to recent polls, Putin’s popularity has fallen sharply and it is not guaranteed he will win the poll in the first round.
Dissatisfaction with the parliamentary elections in December, after allegations of fraud, led to the biggest public protests in 20 years the same month.
Putin’s United Russia party has already seen its share of the vote fall to under 50 percent, and there is growing dissent against the former KGB agent’s plan to serve a third term in the top job.
- 1Myanmar refuses sole responsibility in Rohingya migrant crisis
- 2Russia ‘amassing artillery’ near border with eastern Ukraine, reports suggest
- 3Greece designs new two-euro coin amid fears of Grexit
- 4Putin classifies Russian troop deaths during peacetime a state secret
- 5Nigeria: Buhari inaugurated in first democratic transfer of power
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 12EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 13How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20How World War II shaped modern Poland | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 13:37 CET Myanmar lands seized migrant boat on island
- 13:26 CET Gunmen kill 22 bus passengers in Pakistan attack
- 13:16 CET U.S. says China’s island-building erodes security; Beijing angered
- 12:20 CET U.S.-Egyptian released from Egypt jail-family
- 11:53 CET U.N. warns of coming hunger in North Korea
- 11:41 CET Burundi election body’s vice president has fled country: sources
- 11:26 CET Greece open to compromise to seal deal this week: interior minister
- 11:14 CET China tells workplaces they must have Communist Party units