Spaniard Joan Barreda steered his Husqvarna motorcycle to stage ten victory in the Dakar Rally on Wednesday denying Marc Coma and Cyril Despres yet another win in this year’s race.
Barreda, who is now 14th overall, ended the stage from Iquique to Arica one minute and 32 seconds ahead of defending champion Coma while Despres was another two minutes back in third.
Despres still leads the show but his advantage was trimmed by Coma to just 21 seconds.
Nani Roma of Spain picked up his third stage win this edition to climb into second place in the overall standings at the expense of American Hummer driver Robby Gordon, who came off the tracks and damaged the front left wing of his car costing him dearly.
Nine time Dakar winner Stephane Peterhansel came home second in his mini and remains the comfortable race leader 19 minutes ahead of his Mini team-mate Roma.
The rally now leaves Chile and heads to Peru for the final four stages.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 5English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 6Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 13‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 14Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 15euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 16Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 17Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
- 19Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
- 20London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
Wires > Sport
- 15:30 CET Palace midfielder Jedinak accepts violent conduct charge
- 15:26 CET Sunderland’s Johnson bailed until March 18 – BBC
- 15:05 CET Van Gaal urges patience over misfiring Di Maria
- 14:28 CET Terry certain to get new Chelsea deal – Mourinho
- 13:59 CET Whelan resigns as Wigan chairman, hands over to grandson
- 13:33 CET Less is more for Silverstone organisers
- 13:27 CET Wenger banking on Arsenal consistency in top-four fight
- 12:47 CET English FA wants British team at Rio Olympics