Marc Coma and Cyril Despres continued to trade stage wins in this year’s Dakar Rally.
Stage seven went to Spain’s Coma following the 260-mile loop that started and ended in Copiapo, Chile.
Defending champion Coma gained two minutes and three seconds on Despres in the overall standings, but the Frenchman, who came home second, still leads by 7 minutes and 48 seconds.
Yamaha’s Portuguese rider Helder Rodrigues kept himself in the final podium placing overall thanks to a fourth place finish on Stage seven.
Rodrigues is just under 50 minutes back in third.
Nasser Al Attiyah took top stage honours in the car category.
The Qatari defending champion steered his hummer across the line 7.30 minutes ahead of American team-mate Robbie Gordon.
After two troubled days in the sand already Al Attiyah is 43 minutes off the pace 6th overall while Gordon has moved up to third 13 minutes off leader and Dakar legend Stephane Peterhansel.
Poland’s Krzysztof Holowczyc remains second 11 minutes back.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 4Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 5McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 6Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 9NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 12Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 17International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 18Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 19Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 20Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 09:44 CET Smith, Johnson and tail give Australia edge
- 03:05 CET San Lorenzo dream of unlikely win over Real Madrid
- 00:56 CET Aguirre to coach Japan at Asian Cup despite fixing case
- 21:12 CET Khan donates 30,000 pounds shorts to Peshawar school
- 20:53 CET Viktor vindicated as Russian switch pays off
- 20:44 CET Brazil capitulate under 64 years of expectation
- 20:36 CET Uncertain future for Ben Arfa as Hull loan ends early
- 20:30 CET Warrior spirit leads Nishikori to new heights