Marc Coma and Cyril Despres continued to trade stage wins in this year’s Dakar Rally.
Stage seven went to Spain’s Coma following the 260-mile loop that started and ended in Copiapo, Chile.
Defending champion Coma gained two minutes and three seconds on Despres in the overall standings, but the Frenchman, who came home second, still leads by 7 minutes and 48 seconds.
Yamaha’s Portuguese rider Helder Rodrigues kept himself in the final podium placing overall thanks to a fourth place finish on Stage seven.
Rodrigues is just under 50 minutes back in third.
Nasser Al Attiyah took top stage honours in the car category.
The Qatari defending champion steered his hummer across the line 7.30 minutes ahead of American team-mate Robbie Gordon.
After two troubled days in the sand already Al Attiyah is 43 minutes off the pace 6th overall while Gordon has moved up to third 13 minutes off leader and Dakar legend Stephane Peterhansel.
Poland’s Krzysztof Holowczyc remains second 11 minutes back.
- 1Cancellara in yellow; Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
- 2Horror crash mars Tour de France as Britain’s Froome earns leader’s yellow jersey
- 3Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
- 4Solid gold Hamilton speeds silver arrow to victory at Silverstone.
- 5Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix visitors impress in Mongolia
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 19Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 20Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
Wires > Sport
- 20:49 CET Tennis-Cocktail of talent helps Muguruza reach semis
- 20:04 CET Radwanska’s grasscourt pedigree helps her reach semis
- 18:58 CET Wimbledon’s famous strawberries now come…as mush
- 17:49 CET Italy’s Balotelli given compassionate leave by Liverpool
- 17:21 CET De Villiers rested for ODI series in Bangladesh
- 16:54 CET British Open likely to flourish even if McIlroy sits it out
- 13:52 CET Ferrer a surprise inclusion for Russia tie
- 13:38 CET Leie shines on debut, South Africa clinch T20 series in Dhaka