Marc Coma and Cyril Despres continued to trade stage wins in this year’s Dakar Rally.
Stage seven went to Spain’s Coma following the 260-mile loop that started and ended in Copiapo, Chile.
Defending champion Coma gained two minutes and three seconds on Despres in the overall standings, but the Frenchman, who came home second, still leads by 7 minutes and 48 seconds.
Yamaha’s Portuguese rider Helder Rodrigues kept himself in the final podium placing overall thanks to a fourth place finish on Stage seven.
Rodrigues is just under 50 minutes back in third.
Nasser Al Attiyah took top stage honours in the car category.
The Qatari defending champion steered his hummer across the line 7.30 minutes ahead of American team-mate Robbie Gordon.
After two troubled days in the sand already Al Attiyah is 43 minutes off the pace 6th overall while Gordon has moved up to third 13 minutes off leader and Dakar legend Stephane Peterhansel.
Poland’s Krzysztof Holowczyc remains second 11 minutes back.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 14Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 16Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 17Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 18Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 19Edgars Rinkevics: “I am gay. Good luck all of you.” | euronews, world news
- 20Anti-immigration protests in Rome | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 14:11 CET Lauda sees another Mercedes duel in 2015
- 14:02 CET Arrivabene replaces Mattiacci at Ferrari
- 13:55 CET Barcelona defender Vermaelen may need surgery
- 13:13 CET Jimenez ready to make his mark at Atletico
- 13:08 CET McLaren board will decide drivers, says Dennis
- 12:47 CET Denmark’s JBS looks to build on Ronaldo underwear range success
- 12:35 CET Mauger taking over as Leicester coach next season
- 12:07 CET Stuttgart coach Veh steps down after losing run