Marc Coma and Cyril Despres continued to trade stage wins in this year’s Dakar Rally.
Stage seven went to Spain’s Coma following the 260-mile loop that started and ended in Copiapo, Chile.
Defending champion Coma gained two minutes and three seconds on Despres in the overall standings, but the Frenchman, who came home second, still leads by 7 minutes and 48 seconds.
Yamaha’s Portuguese rider Helder Rodrigues kept himself in the final podium placing overall thanks to a fourth place finish on Stage seven.
Rodrigues is just under 50 minutes back in third.
Nasser Al Attiyah took top stage honours in the car category.
The Qatari defending champion steered his hummer across the line 7.30 minutes ahead of American team-mate Robbie Gordon.
After two troubled days in the sand already Al Attiyah is 43 minutes off the pace 6th overall while Gordon has moved up to third 13 minutes off leader and Dakar legend Stephane Peterhansel.
Poland’s Krzysztof Holowczyc remains second 11 minutes back.
- 1Champions League: Defending champs Barcelona storm into last 16
- 2Champions League: Real Madrid and PSG set sights on knockout stages
- 3Heightened security to be introduced at upcoming major sporting events
- 4World Cup winner Nonu unveiled at Toulon
- 5Coe under renewed scrutiny over decision to award Eugene 2021 world championships
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 13New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 17Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
Embattled IAAF set to meet in Monte Carlo amid doping and corruption scandals
Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
Belgium prepare for first Davis Cup final in over a century
Rio Olympics: hockey and badminton venues under the spotlight
Wires > Sport
- 19:57 CET Altice beats Canal+ to English Premier League rights in France
- 19:40 CET Proper agronomy a final test for Rio Games course
- 19:34 CET Coe quits ambassadorial role with Nike
- 18:22 CET Edmund faces baptism of fire in Davis Cup final
- 17:56 CET Sheffield Utd’s 1930s striker owns scoring record – club
- 17:32 CET Swiss agree to send bank info regarding FIFA cases to U.S.
- 17:32 CET Book on rise of English football and its riches wins award
- 15:54 CET Thirteen could be lucky number for Sunderland – Allardyce