A 15-year-old American became the youngest person to climb the world’s seven highest mountains on Saturday.
Jordan Romero from California reached the 4,897 metre summit of Vinson Massif in Antarctica on Christmas Eve, six years after beginning his challenge.
Romero scaled Mount Kilimanjaro when he was just 10 and Everest at 13.
Latest world news
Cologne attacks: Algerian man acquitted of attempted sexual assault
Greece grinds to near halt in 48-hour general strike
‘I dream of a Europe where being a migrant is not a crime’ – Pope receives Charlemagne Prize
SNP claims third win in Scotland as Labour suffers in UK elections
UN official calls for inquiry into air strike on Syria refugee camp
Wires > News
- 16:39 CET Asssailant attempts to shoot Turkish journalist Dundar outside…
- 16:23 CET Turkish editor says journalism on trial as court set to rule
- 15:56 CET Netanyahu to host seminar on Jewish history for U.N. diplomats
- 15:55 CET Turkey’s Erdogan rebuffs EU on terrorism law; “we’re going our…
- 15:21 CET Saudi wanted over August bombing of Asir province mosque killed in…
- 15:14 CET Greek PM urges Syriza lawmakers to approve pension reform bill
- 15:10 CET No gap in Turkey’s governance after premier bows out, Erdogan says
- 14:51 CET Security forces shut down Baghdad to prevent Green Zone protests