The world’s best athletes of the Alpine World Cup circuit took part in an extraordinary Giant Slalom race; the Alpine Rock Fest at the Paganella ski resort near Andalo, Italy.
The 2006 Olympic gold medallist Ted Ligety found his ideal line, and positioned himself perfectly along the slalom, to cross the finish line with a time of 34.72 seconds. This was good enough for victory and the 60,000 euro cash prize just in time for Christmas.
In second was Italian Alpine Racer, Giovanni Borsotti, who also got off to a flying start and weaved his way flawlessly through the course with poise and precision. But despite his best efforts he failed to beat the American, falling into second place by an excruciating one hundredth of a second.
In third place came French skiing champion Cyprien Richard. The World Alpine Rock Fest Champion from 2009, looked on track to possibly claim another victory, but a slight mistake on one of the jumps proved costly, bringing him in in a time of 34.72 seconds.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Japan complete team double on final day of Judo World Championships
Vuelta: Dumoulin wins Stage 9 for overall lead as Froome finishes second
World Athletics Championships: final day round-up
Chavas retains red as Stuyven wins crash-hit Vuelta stage
Bolt celebrates triple triumph at world championships
Wires > Sport
- 20:57 CET Nishikori falls in first round upset at U.S. Open
- 20:39 CET West Brom sign goalkeeper Lindegaard from Man United
- 20:37 CET Former cyclist Pendleton second in first ride
- 20:36 CET Ivanovic crashes out of U.S. Open in first round upset
- 19:50 CET Morgan leads England to dramatic win over Aussies
- 19:48 CET Portugal defender Rolando joins Marseille
- 19:32 CET Pirelli to reveal Vettel tyre conclusions at Monza
- 19:29 CET Leverkusen swoop for Man United striker Hernandez