NATO has killed up to 25 Pakistani soldiers, according to military officials in the country, in a cross-border helicopter raid from Afghanistan.
The air strike on a checkpoint close to the frontier was reported in the tribal region of Mohmand. As a result, Pakistan is said to have blocked NATO supplies bound for Afghanistan from coming through the Khyber Pass.
NATO says it is aware of “an incident” and is gathering more information.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 4Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 5Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 9Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Latest world news
‘Terrorism’ arrests in Australia over murder of police employee
Putin’s Syrian operations ‘planned with Iranian general’
Brazilian inmates take hostages in jail riot
Turkey said to offer Russia cooperation over Syria to reduce tension
Hungary’s first democratic president Árpád Göncz, dies 93
Wires > News
- 10:21 CET Belgian rail strike to halt international trains on Friday
- 09:46 CET Syrian army and Russian jets target rebels in western Syria
- 09:35 CET Turkish forces kill four Kurdish militants after robbery – governor
- 08:41 CET Thailand denies labour abuses after IndustriALL Union complaint
- 08:26 CET Singapore retailer pulls Indonesia’s APP paper products on smog…
- 08:13 CET Ex-Yemen president’s party says accepts peace terms
- 08:03 CET Refugees give Greek tour operators an extended season
- 07:51 CET Japan’s Abe keeps allies in key posts as attention returns to…