Four people have been killed by flash flooding in Italy.
The victims died when they were swept away by mud and debris after 24 of torrential rain in the Sicilian village of Saponara.
Rescue crews are still looking for survivors as reports emerged that other local people were missing.
Meanwhile, several areas of Spain are also on flood alert after heavy rains swept the country that have left one person dead.
The provinces most at risk are Alicante and Valencia where forecasters predict torrential downpours and strong winds throughout Wednesday.
Forecasters have also warned about the possibility of storms hitting the Balearic Islands and the Catalonian coast.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Afghanistan: Fifty dead after suicide attack during volleyball match
- 2Turkish President sparks row by saying women are not equal to men
- 3Deadly floods in southern Morocco
- 4Femen lay bare their naked opposition to papal visit
- 5Violence erupts after policeman avoids charges over black teenager’s death
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 20Anti-immigration protests in Rome | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 10:36 CET Protests spread across U.S., more troops deployed to prevent fresh…
- 10:28 CET Merkel says patience needed to resolve Ukraine crisis
- 10:20 CET Militants kill four polio workers in Pakistan
- 09:44 CET Mystery of Alexander the Great-era tomb holds Greeks in thrall
- 09:19 CET Pakistan TV mogul gets 26 years’ jail for blasphemy
- 09:11 CET Buckwheat problem gives Putin food for thought
- 08:43 CET Thai junta chief says has not ‘damaged’ country, rights group…
- 08:01 CET Russia’s new push for Syria dialogue unlikely to be fruitful