Four people have been killed by flash flooding in Italy.
The victims died when they were swept away by mud and debris after 24 of torrential rain in the Sicilian village of Saponara.
Rescue crews are still looking for survivors as reports emerged that other local people were missing.
Meanwhile, several areas of Spain are also on flood alert after heavy rains swept the country that have left one person dead.
The provinces most at risk are Alicante and Valencia where forecasters predict torrential downpours and strong winds throughout Wednesday.
Forecasters have also warned about the possibility of storms hitting the Balearic Islands and the Catalonian coast.
Wires > News
- 06:51 CET China airs two more confessions by Taiwan fraud suspects
- 05:42 CET South Korea revives GPS backup project after blaming North for…
- 04:25 CET Egyptian police raid press syndicate, arrest two journalists
- 03:32 CET Wary of China’s Indian Ocean activities, U.S., India discuss…
- 03:12 CET Brazil’s Rousseff ups social spending as Senate ruling looms
- 03:08 CET Pope condemns paedophilia as details of girl’s death shock Italy
- 00:46 CET Puerto Rico declares moratorium on Government Development Bank’s…
- 23:05 CET Islamic State boosts attacks in response to territorial losses -…