Four people have been killed by flash flooding in Italy.
The victims died when they were swept away by mud and debris after 24 of torrential rain in the Sicilian village of Saponara.
Rescue crews are still looking for survivors as reports emerged that other local people were missing.
Meanwhile, several areas of Spain are also on flood alert after heavy rains swept the country that have left one person dead.
The provinces most at risk are Alicante and Valencia where forecasters predict torrential downpours and strong winds throughout Wednesday.
Forecasters have also warned about the possibility of storms hitting the Balearic Islands and the Catalonian coast.
Wires > News
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing
- 09:55 CET Australia police use pepper spray as nationalists clash with…
- 07:39 CET Outrage in multi-ethnic Malaysia as government backs Islamic law