Syrian soldiers have started to plant landmines on the border with Lebanon.
A security source claimed one man has already had part of his leg blown off as he headed over the frontier into Lebanon.
The crossing has been used to smuggle goods and weapons into Syria since the uprising against the regime began in March.
There appears to be no let up in the conflict. Amateur video posted on the internet purported to show fighting on the outskirts of Damascus and in the northern city of Idlib. The images appeared to show soldiers dragging a body along the street.
Activists claim 11 people were killed on Friday across Syria.
The latest violence comes after the government agreed to a peace deal brokered by the Arab League last week.
The 22-nation body is to hold an emergency meeting on Saturday to discuss what to do about what they see as the failure by Damascus to abide by its commitments to withdraw tanks and other heavy weapons from cities across Syria.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 3Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
- 4Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 5Andy Murray joins Federer in not staying at Rio Olympic Village
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Syrian army announces 48-hour ‘regime of calm’ in Aleppo
Fires threaten to engulf Canadian city
Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
Wires > News
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city
- 18:43 CET NATO approves Israeli representation to its headquarters
- 18:38 CET U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of ‘quick reaction force’