Just a week ago, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain declared: “I have never sexually harassed anyone and those accusations are totally false.”
But now a fourth woman has come forward to claim the 65-year-old had harassed her.
Sharon Bialek went before the cameras to describe an alleged incident she says occurred in the 1990s when she sought his help in finding a job.
“He put his hand on my leg, under my skirt and reached for my genitals. He also grabbed my head and brought it towards his crotch,” she said.
“I was very, very surprised, and very shocked. I said ‘what are you doing? you know I have a boyfriend? This isn’t what I came here for.’ Mr. Cain said, ‘You want a job, right?’.”
At least two other women have gone as far as filing complaints against Cain who was leading several opinion polls in the race to become the Republican candidate for next year’s presidential election.
One survey on Sunday showed a nine percent slump in approval ratings.
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 3The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Kazakh police break up anti-government protests
Latest world news
Eurozone finance ministers and IMF agree a further €10.3bn tranche of bailout funds for Greece.
Kurdish-led militias launch offensive against ISIL-held Raqqa
Paris attacks: victims families seek answers
UN chief Ban voices his disappointment as first World Humanitarian Summit closes
Monsanto rejects Bayer multi-billion dollar bid
Wires > News
- 02:59 CET Japan PM Abe to meet with Obama, Cameron ahead of G7 summit
- 02:51 CET After benefits of cheap oil, India counts cost of reduced Gulf…
- 00:50 CET Pakistan can’t confirm Taliban leader is dead, criticises …
- 23:17 CET Daughter of detained Hong Kong bookseller appeals for U.S. help
- 23:01 CET Brazil’s Temer seeks constitutional change to curb public spending
- 22:19 CET Egyptian appeals court cancels five-year jail terms for 47 over…
- 22:11 CET Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- 22:07 CET Myanmar poet’s jail term ‘like from the old days’