Just a week ago, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain declared: “I have never sexually harassed anyone and those accusations are totally false.”
But now a fourth woman has come forward to claim the 65-year-old had harassed her.
Sharon Bialek went before the cameras to describe an alleged incident she says occurred in the 1990s when she sought his help in finding a job.
“He put his hand on my leg, under my skirt and reached for my genitals. He also grabbed my head and brought it towards his crotch,” she said.
“I was very, very surprised, and very shocked. I said ‘what are you doing? you know I have a boyfriend? This isn’t what I came here for.’ Mr. Cain said, ‘You want a job, right?’.”
At least two other women have gone as far as filing complaints against Cain who was leading several opinion polls in the race to become the Republican candidate for next year’s presidential election.
One survey on Sunday showed a nine percent slump in approval ratings.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 14Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 15Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17Edgars Rinkevics: “I am gay. Good luck all of you.” | euronews, world news
- 18Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 20Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 23:54 CET Poland’s ruling party grabs surprise win in regional elections
- 23:47 CET Obama approves fresh guidelines for U.S. military in Afghanistan
- 23:43 CET Suspected Islamist fighters kill two children, abduct 10
- 22:20 CET Irish PM’s party popularity hit by water levy protests – poll
- 22:04 CET Iran nuclear talks may be extended as U.S. sees ‘big gaps’
- 21:16 CET Demonstrators clash with French police over protester death
- 21:05 CET U.S. plans to arm Iraq’s Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- 19:04 CET Danish man shot and wounded in Saudi capital