Just a week ago, Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain declared: “I have never sexually harassed anyone and those accusations are totally false.”
But now a fourth woman has come forward to claim the 65-year-old had harassed her.
Sharon Bialek went before the cameras to describe an alleged incident she says occurred in the 1990s when she sought his help in finding a job.
“He put his hand on my leg, under my skirt and reached for my genitals. He also grabbed my head and brought it towards his crotch,” she said.
“I was very, very surprised, and very shocked. I said ‘what are you doing? you know I have a boyfriend? This isn’t what I came here for.’ Mr. Cain said, ‘You want a job, right?’.”
At least two other women have gone as far as filing complaints against Cain who was leading several opinion polls in the race to become the Republican candidate for next year’s presidential election.
One survey on Sunday showed a nine percent slump in approval ratings.
Latest world news
Evacuations increase as wildfire spreads in Alberta, Canada
‘We need everything’, Ecuador quake survivor tells euronews
Air strike kills dozens in Syrian refugee camp
Playing for Palmyra – Russia holds a concert in the ruins
Dozens dead in air strikes on camp for internally displaced in Syria
Wires > News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:58 CET Air strikes on camp for displaced Syrians kill 28, monitor says
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House
- 19:03 CET Acting Irish PM Kenny sets vote on re-election for Friday
- 18:51 CET Italy, Germany agree on immigration policy, but not on financing
- 18:23 CET ‘No boots on the ground’ has its limits as U.S. Navy SEAL is…