The death toll continues to rise after a series of deadly militant attacks in Nigeria.
Initial reports said about 65 people died in bombings and shootings on Friday in the northeastern city of Damaturu.
But now the number of dead has climbed to at least 150, according to some officials.
Militants bombed churches, mosques, government buildings and police stations.
The Boko Haram sect has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
It launched a campaign of terrorism two years ago with the aim of imposing Islamic sharia law in the country.
Wires > News
- 16:46 CET Between 700-900 migrants may have died at sea this week – NGOs
- 15:29 CET Iran says its pilgrims will not attend haj in Saudi Arabia
- 15:25 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle
- 14:15 CET Uganda to halt military, security ties with North Korea – South…
- 13:57 CET Nigerian president says ‘resolved’ to keep naira steady, supports…
- 13:46 CET U.S.-led coalition troops seen near front line in new Iraq…
- 13:35 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah appoints PM to oversee parliament elections…
- 12:41 CET Nineteen people rescued from English Channel – coastguard