A protest with a difference has taken place outside the home of the former IMF chief Dominique Strauss Kahn in Paris.
A Ukrainian feminist organisation organised a “topless demonstration” to protest against the dropping of sex charges against him in New York.
A member of Femen, Inna Shevchenko, said: “We think that in France there is the situation, if men have money, if men have power, law is not for him and that’s why we came from Ukraine to France to support French women to say that we are together with them and that we fight against crazy men like DSK.”
The group also says it plans to target the Italian prime minister in a future protest.
Latest world news
Cologne attacks: Algerian man acquitted of attempted sexual assault
Greece grinds to near halt in 48-hour general strike
‘I dream of a Europe where being a migrant is not a crime’ – Pope receives Charlemagne Prize
SNP claims third win in Scotland as Labour suffers in UK elections
UN official calls for inquiry into air strike on Syria refugee camp
Wires > News
- 16:39 CET Asssailant attempts to shoot Turkish journalist Dundar outside…
- 16:23 CET Turkish editor says journalism on trial as court set to rule
- 15:56 CET Netanyahu to host seminar on Jewish history for U.N. diplomats
- 15:55 CET Turkey’s Erdogan rebuffs EU on terrorism law; “we’re going our…
- 15:21 CET Saudi wanted over August bombing of Asir province mosque killed in…
- 15:14 CET Greek PM urges Syriza lawmakers to approve pension reform bill
- 15:10 CET No gap in Turkey’s governance after premier bows out, Erdogan says
- 14:51 CET Security forces shut down Baghdad to prevent Green Zone protests