Libya have qualified for the African Cup of Nations despite being held to a goalless draw by Zambia in Chingola on Saturday.
After a relatively slow start to the game, Libya goalkeeper Samir Aboud made two crucial saves to deny Zambia’s strikers, handing his side a crucial point.
This result sees Zambia top Group C with 13 points, one more than unbeaten Libya.
The 28th edition of the African Cup of Nations kicks off on the 21rst of January 2012.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 5Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 14Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > Sport
- 14:23 CET Coach Davies hails Namibian rugby as on the rise
- 14:11 CET Rowntree, Farrell hit with tunnel ban for England dead rubber
- 14:09 CET New Zealand prop Woodcock ruled out of World Cup
- 14:02 CET Sainz misses Russian qualifying after big crash
- 13:53 CET Wounded Samoa stand between Scotland and last eight
- 11:41 CET FIFA reform committee says work continues despite bans
- 10:47 CET Mercedes defend decision to withhold latest engine
- 10:43 CET Paire upsets Nishikori, faces Wawrinka in Japan Open final