Libya have qualified for the African Cup of Nations despite being held to a goalless draw by Zambia in Chingola on Saturday.
After a relatively slow start to the game, Libya goalkeeper Samir Aboud made two crucial saves to deny Zambia’s strikers, handing his side a crucial point.
This result sees Zambia top Group C with 13 points, one more than unbeaten Libya.
The 28th edition of the African Cup of Nations kicks off on the 21rst of January 2012.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > Sport
- 00:58 CET Portugal winger Nani to have Fenerbahce medical
- 00:26 CET Mexico striker Hernandez has collarbone surgery
- 00:22 CET United States asks Swiss to extradite 7 in FIFA inquiry
- 23:52 CET Shakhtar sell record scorer Luiz Adriano to Milan
- 23:49 CET Japan, U.S. have revenge on their minds in World Cup final
- 23:38 CET Football gatecrashes Britain’s summer sporting parties
- 23:25 CET Germany’s Sasic, Angerer up for World Cup golden honours
- 22:04 CET Mosley says F1 heading for major crisis