Libya have qualified for the African Cup of Nations despite being held to a goalless draw by Zambia in Chingola on Saturday.
After a relatively slow start to the game, Libya goalkeeper Samir Aboud made two crucial saves to deny Zambia’s strikers, handing his side a crucial point.
This result sees Zambia top Group C with 13 points, one more than unbeaten Libya.
The 28th edition of the African Cup of Nations kicks off on the 21rst of January 2012.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 18:08 CET Arsenal get morale-boosting win over Chelsea
- 17:57 CET Italy’s Berlusconi agrees AC Milan stake sale to by end Sept
- 17:34 CET Jorgensen wins 12th race in a row in Rio
- 17:29 CET Swede Sjostrom sets world record in 100m butterfly
- 17:25 CET Ervine’s maiden ton leads Zimbabwe to rare win
- 17:06 CET Athletics roiled by mass doping allegations after leak
- 16:22 CET Nadal claims 67th career title with Hamburg Open victory
- 15:57 CET ‘Frisbee’ comes of age, earns Olympic recognition