It is the end of their world as they know it.
US rock band REM say they have decided to call it a day after more than 30 years of making hits and selling millions of records.
Members put a post on their website, thanking fans for their loyalty.
REM have released 15 albums since coming together in 1980.
Their most recent, ‘Collapse Into Now,’ was released early this year.
They were once dubbed America’s best rock and roll band.
Signing off, singer Michael Stipe said they had built something extraordinary together and it was now time to walk away.
- 1Obama denounces Russia’s ‘increasingly aggressive posture’ on Ukraine
- 2Chancellor Merkel heads Forbes most powerful women list – again!
- 3‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 4Bunny beaten to death live on Danish radio
- 5Swiss police arrest several senior Fifa executives in a morning raid at a five-star hotel in Zurich
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
Wires > News
- 19:49 CET Islamic State sympathizers may have made airline threats – …
- 19:44 CET Analysis – Emboldened in Syria and Iraq, Islamic State may be…
- 19:22 CET Peru lawmakers reject bill to allow pregnant rape victims an…
- 19:19 CET EU officials dismiss Greek statement on aid agreement being drafted
- 19:18 CET Israeli air force chief unfazed Egypt may get Russia’s S-300
- 18:49 CET EU countries’ resistance could frustrate migrant relocation plan
- 17:51 CET Germany raps Russia over law against ‘undesirable’ NGOs
- 17:49 CET Eyeing EU membership, Albania and Serbia mend ties