It is the end of their world as they know it.
US rock band REM say they have decided to call it a day after more than 30 years of making hits and selling millions of records.
Members put a post on their website, thanking fans for their loyalty.
REM have released 15 albums since coming together in 1980.
Their most recent, ‘Collapse Into Now,’ was released early this year.
They were once dubbed America’s best rock and roll band.
Signing off, singer Michael Stipe said they had built something extraordinary together and it was now time to walk away.
Wires > News
- 11:10 CET Seventeen killed in care home fire in Ukraine
- 11:09 CET French PM says he will not bow to labour reform protestors
- 11:07 CET U.S.-led coalition soldiers seen on frontline of new Kurdish…
- 10:39 CET Iran assembly head wins initial re-election vote – state media
- 09:32 CET Tropical Storm Bonnie bears down on South Carolina coast
- 09:31 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 05:34 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing -…
- 04:15 CET Clashes between Islamic State, Syria rebels kill dozens near…