It is the end of their world as they know it.
US rock band REM say they have decided to call it a day after more than 30 years of making hits and selling millions of records.
Members put a post on their website, thanking fans for their loyalty.
REM have released 15 albums since coming together in 1980.
Their most recent, ‘Collapse Into Now,’ was released early this year.
They were once dubbed America’s best rock and roll band.
Signing off, singer Michael Stipe said they had built something extraordinary together and it was now time to walk away.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 4Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 5‘Misleading at best and flat out wrong at worst’ US reacts to Greenpeace TTIP leak
Wires > News
- 06:02 CET Pakistan raps Trump over vow to free doctor who helped track bin…
- 05:47 CET Murders drop sharply in El Salvador in April, police say
- 01:41 CET Brazil prosecutor asks for probe of opposition leader Neves
- 01:20 CET Emotional return as first U.S. cruise in decades reaches Cuba
- 00:30 CET Obama says Chinese-led trade deal shows need for TPP – Washington…
- 00:29 CET U.S. says Iraq’s PM in ‘strong position’ amid political unrest
- 00:24 CET NATO weighs four battalions in Eastern states to deter Russia -…
- 00:17 CET Argentine court probes ex-president Fernandez over new case – media