Russian President Dmitry Medvedev toured the Bolshoi Theatre on Tuesday, six years after it shut its doors for renovation.
Medvedev watched a rehearsal of the Tchaikovsky ballet ‘Sleeping Beauty’, which stars the Bolshoi’s prima ballerina Svetlana Zakharova, who is also an MP for the ruling United Russia party.
The theatre, a Moscow landmark built in 1776, closed in 2005 and the revamp suffered from a number of delays.
Restoring the Bolshoi came at an estimated cost of at least 485 million euros.
New interior panels are made of a rare pine decorated with real gold. An advanced sound and lighting system has also been installed.
- 1‘Human error responsible’ for deadly Bad Aibling train crash – sources
- 2Two commuter trains collide head-on in Germany
- 3Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 4Refugees in Hungary offered classes to speed integration
- 5New migrant tragedy claims 27 lives as Greece grapples with refugee crisis
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Partnering to grow Europe
- 6Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 19Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > News
- 09:21 CET Iran to upgrade missiles, get Russian defence system – minister
- 09:11 CET Indonesian president may include new parties in next cabinet…
- 08:39 CET Tajiks to vote in referendum on giving president unlimited terms
- 07:58 CET Rapidly ageing Thailand tells businesses to hire more elderly
- 06:50 CET Trump, Sanders ride U.S. anti-establishment tide to New Hampshire…
- 06:25 CET Exclusive – U.S., India consider joint patrols in South China Sea…
- 05:22 CET Kidnapped journalist found dead in central Mexico
- 05:04 CET Libya must lead anti-Islamic State effort, Egypt’s foreign…