A commuter train has collided with a local bus at a level crossing in Argentina.
At least nine people died in the accident in Buenos Aires. More than 200 were injured. In daylight, the full horror of the crash became clear. The impact of the train reduced the bus to a fraction of its width and wedged it up against the nearby station platform.
The first train derailed and then collided with another. Firefighters faced the challenge of extricating the critically injured and dead from a mass of twisted wreckage.
Some eyewitnesses say the driver was trying to beat the lights by racing across the crossing, but others say the barriers were not working properly.
The bus driver is among those who died.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia
- 2Putin denies he wants to create a new Iron Curtain
- 3Turkish President sparks row by saying women are not equal to men
- 4Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania
- 5Clashes as Hong Kong protesters try to regain lost ground
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 7Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 8India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 11European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 16Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 18Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > News
- 08:18 CET Libya’s recognised government appoints new chairman of state oil…
- 08:15 CET Militants attack Indian base in Kashmir region, fight still on
- 08:09 CET Australian extradited to U.S. in Silk Road online drugs bazaar case
- 07:55 CET Malaysia to retain and prop up Sedition Act, says PM
- 07:54 CET Thai election pushed back to 2016: deputy PM
- 07:53 CET British embassy vehicle hit in suicide attack in Afghan capital -…
- 07:52 CET Yemen rescuers sought U.S., British hostages in raid
- 07:51 CET Young sister of North Korean leader takes senior party post – KCNA