A commuter train has collided with a local bus at a level crossing in Argentina.
At least nine people died in the accident in Buenos Aires. More than 200 were injured. In daylight, the full horror of the crash became clear. The impact of the train reduced the bus to a fraction of its width and wedged it up against the nearby station platform.
The first train derailed and then collided with another. Firefighters faced the challenge of extricating the critically injured and dead from a mass of twisted wreckage.
Some eyewitnesses say the driver was trying to beat the lights by racing across the crossing, but others say the barriers were not working properly.
The bus driver is among those who died.
- 1Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 2Day of chaos hits Hungary as migrants march to Austria
- 3Aylan Kurdi: the boy whose picture broke the world’s heart
- 4Father of Syrian boy washed up on Turkish beach recalls boat horror
- 5Artist pays tribute to Aylan Kurdi and Good Samaritan
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 01:50 CET Druze leader killed in car bomb in southern Syria – monitor
- 01:19 CET Saudi Arabia satisfied with Obama’s assurances on Iran deal
- 00:50 CET Pakistani nationals extradited to U.S. in narco-terrorism case
- 23:26 CET Saudi Arabia welcomes Iran nuclear deal after Obama meeting -…
- 22:26 CET Thousands rally in Beirut over politician’s presidential election…
- 21:32 CET North Korean karaoke stirs fear of mass propaganda sing-along in…
- 21:09 CET German U.N. official seen as favourite for Libya post – envoys
- 20:48 CET From Vietnam War to a Turkish beach, the shock of the photo endures