Sporadic fighting is still going on in some neighbourhoods of the Libyan capital Tripoli.
Loyalists are attempting to regain control of parts of the city while the rebels are continuing in their quest to hunt down Gaddafi who fled his compound at Bab al-Aziziya just before it was overrun on Tuesday.
His whereabouts is still not known and rebels are reportedly guarding the airport in case he tries to fly out of the country.
Euronews correspondent Mustafa Bag was caught in crossfire on the Abu Selim side of the compound as loyalists starting shooting at rebels.
After the gunfire receded a drive alongside the compound wall on the Abu Selim side showed burnt out cars and a camp that looks to be largely abandoned.
Nearby white tents form a makeshift field hospital and some bodies are still lying on the street.
Our correspondent says there are signs that mercenaries have been fighting alongside Gaddafi loyalists in guarding the compound.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Further gunfire, but also war of words over crisis in Ukraine
- 2Recording of Philae probe landing on Comet 67P released
- 3Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania
- 4Spain: Singer Isabel Pantoja jailed for two years
- 5Portuguese ex-PM José Socrates questioned in fraud probe
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 14Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 16Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 17US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 18Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 19Edgars Rinkevics: “I am gay. Good luck all of you.” | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news
Wires > News
- 07:33 CET China arrests man for spying on aircraft carrier base – CCTV
- 03:16 CET German couple found murdered in Caribbean island of Tobago
- 02:02 CET Tunisians go to polls for presidential election
- 00:46 CET Poland’s ruling party wins most seats in regional elections
- 23:47 CET Obama approves fresh guidelines for U.S. military in Afghanistan
- 23:43 CET Suspected Islamist fighters kill two children, abduct 10
- 22:20 CET Irish PM’s party popularity hit by water levy protests – poll
- 22:04 CET Iran nuclear talks may be extended as U.S. sees ‘big gaps’