Your first day at school is a big occasion in anyone’s life. But when you are the future heir to the Danish throne, the media are bound to be interested, too.
And five year old Prince Christian’s parents – Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary – have broken with royal tradition, sending their son to a state school.
He is to attend Tranegaardsskolen, located just north of central Copenhagen. He will be the first in the family to attend a state school. His father, uncle and two cousins all attended a private school.
His mother recalled her first school day as exciting and frightening. “It was a big moment, frightened and at the time something I was looking forward to so much,” Princess Mary said.
Prince Christian has three younger siblings -Princess Isabella and the twins Prince Vincent and Princes Josephine – and is second in the Danish line of succession, following his father.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 3Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 4Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 5Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 6Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 7British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 8Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 9Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 10Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 11How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 12Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 13Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 16European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 17Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 18International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 19:10 CET EU’s Ashton to stay on until end of Iran nuclear talks
- 18:48 CET U.N. questions Israel on Palestinians’ rights
- 18:29 CET Sri Lanka announces early presidential poll in January
- 18:28 CET Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to…
- 18:23 CET Poll shows Rousseff gaining momentum as Brazil election nears
- 18:18 CET Gaddafi cousin hopes to participate in Libyan peace talks
- 18:12 CET Video of woman giving birth outside Egyptian hospital triggers…
- 17:30 CET Qaeda insurgents kill 18 Houthis as Yemen sectarian conflict…