Lebanese police say two men have been blown to pieces while handling explosives in a car park in Beirut.
The blast took place in the north of the city next to the commercial center in Antelias, a Christian suburb. One person was injured, and police named the two fatalities as Ihsan Dia and Hassan Nasar.
Police added the car of the son of Lebanese judge Albert Serhan was in the car park, but it is unclear if he was being targeted. His father insisted his family had nothing to do with politics, and had never been threatened.
It is also unclear if the men were holding a bomb, wearing explosive belts, attempting to defuse a device, or just right next to the car when it blew up.
- 1Putin warns Finland: Russia will respond if Helsinki joins NATO
- 2Bangladesh police storm Dhaka restaurant after gun attack and siege
- 3Brexit sparks a political drama in the UK likened to the House of Cards
- 4EU extends sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- 5Bangladesh police storm Dhaka restaurant after gun attack and siege
- 1Slovakia attacks EU post-Brexit direction on eve of taking over presidency
- 2Istanbul attack: suspects thought to come from former USSR
- 3Austria: Constitutional Court rules fresh presidential run-off vote must be held
- 4Putin rejects new arms race and builds bridges with Turkey
- 5Istanbul airport attack: the suspects and the victims
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 3What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 4Russia reacts to the Brexit
- 5David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
Latest world news
Dhaka cafe siege ends, 13 hostages freed
Bangladesh police storm Dhaka siege café, ‘several hostages freed’
‘Bring on Portugal!’ Wales fans ecstatic at historic win over Belgium
Turnbull and Shorten in tight contest as Australia votes in general election
Man jailed by German court for stabbing mayor of Cologne
Wires > News
- 09:01 CET Vietnam urges ‘fair’ ruling from court handling South China Sea…
- 08:48 CET Bangladesh commandos rescue 13 hostages, kill six gunmen as siege…
- 02:53 CET Murders in El Salvador drop by half in June
- 02:22 CET Venezuela’s Maduro ends power rationing as drought eases
- 01:58 CET Mexico air lifts food into villages as teacher blockades spread
- 00:56 CET Gingrich, Christie lead Trump list of vice presidential options
- 00:16 CET Pacific Alliance must reject Brexit path, seek integration -leaders
- 23:48 CET Air strike kills two Islamic State military commanders – Pentagon