Northern Ireland’s Darren Clarke arrived back in County Antrim on Monday after a triumphant weekend of golf.
The 42 year old, who clinched the British Open on Sunday, told journalists he had been celebrating so hard he had not even managed to read all the messages of congratulations which have been pouring in via text and email following his win.
Clarke’s victory will rocket him back into the top 100 in the rankings and his stunning performance sees him become the third Northern Irishman to secure one of golf’s four majors in the last 13 months, after his compatriots Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell clinched the U.S. Open in 2011 and 2010 respectively.
- 1Business as usual as Blatter joins Putin for World Cup draw
- 2Olympics: New stadium plans to be drawn up for Tokyo 2020
- 3Chapeau Christopher: Froome wins Tour du France
- 4Tour de France: Geschke claims maiden stage win, Froome maintains overall lead
- 5Judge requests new investigation into Jan Ullrich’s drink driving case
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > Sport
- 17:39 CET Szczesny moves from Arsenal to AS Roma
- 17:25 CET Anderson takes six as Australia skittled for 136
- 17:09 CET McIlroy pulls out of Bridgestone Invitational
- 16:29 CET Southampton sign defender Caulker from QPR on loan
- 14:47 CET Platini, romantic or pragmatist?
- 13:27 CET Mourinho targets Benitez over wife’s messy remark
- 12:13 CET West Brom sign Wales defender Chester from Hull City
- 11:36 CET Yao holding court as Beijing bids for Winter Olympics