Support for alleged war criminal Ratko Mladic is not restricted to Serbia. Serb nationalists were out on the streets of Pale in Bosnia Herzegovina on Thursday night. The town was the administrative centre of the breakaway Republika Srpska during the Bosnian War.
People were also showing their support in the former capital of the Republika Srpska, Banja Luca.
One man on the street said:
“My comments about the arrest are negative. This isn’t good for Serbia or anyone else.”
Another supporter from Banja Luca said he was sad that the only Serb hero who had fought for the republic had been arrested.
In the centre of Serbia’s capital, about 200 people demonstrated after Mladic was captured.
A Belgrade-based court is holding hearings which could see the former general facing charges of genocide at The Hague in as little as seven working days.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 13Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 14Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 03:08 CET Baltimore erupts in riots after funeral of man who died in police…
- 02:50 CET Kerry says Iran, world powers closer than ever to historic nuclear…
- 00:06 CET Mali pro-government militias seize northern town amid clashes
- 22:12 CET Gunman kills Bosnian policeman in apparent Islamist attack
- 21:47 CET Three car bombs kill 19 in Baghdad
- 20:39 CET Stage set for landmark U.S. Supreme Court gay marriage arguments
- 20:18 CET U.S., Japan unveil new defence guidelines for global Japanese role
- 20:13 CET Islamic State kills five journalists working for Libyan TV station…