Support for alleged war criminal Ratko Mladic is not restricted to Serbia. Serb nationalists were out on the streets of Pale in Bosnia Herzegovina on Thursday night. The town was the administrative centre of the breakaway Republika Srpska during the Bosnian War.
People were also showing their support in the former capital of the Republika Srpska, Banja Luca.
One man on the street said:
“My comments about the arrest are negative. This isn’t good for Serbia or anyone else.”
Another supporter from Banja Luca said he was sad that the only Serb hero who had fought for the republic had been arrested.
In the centre of Serbia’s capital, about 200 people demonstrated after Mladic was captured.
A Belgrade-based court is holding hearings which could see the former general facing charges of genocide at The Hague in as little as seven working days.
- 1Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 2G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
- 3Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5French nuclear workers vote to join strike against labour laws
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Latest world news
G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
Migrant rescue from capsized boat is caught on camera
Paris attacks survivor slams Eagles of Death Metal frontman for Muslim conspiracy comments
Iraqi units advance on ISIL-held Fallujah
Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
Wires > News
- 10:25 CET Egypt investigator says French specialist vessel to join black box…
- 10:04 CET New Philippine president to face early test over food security
- 09:57 CET Nigerian civil rights leader confirms attack at Chevron oil…
- 09:48 CET On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- 09:37 CET EU states approve plans to coordinate key mobile spectrum
- 09:35 CET South Korea’s Park facing last chance to push through reforms…
- 09:00 CET French strikers seek to tighten grip on energy supplies
- 08:48 CET Italian marine Girone can head home – India’s top court