Support for alleged war criminal Ratko Mladic is not restricted to Serbia. Serb nationalists were out on the streets of Pale in Bosnia Herzegovina on Thursday night. The town was the administrative centre of the breakaway Republika Srpska during the Bosnian War.
People were also showing their support in the former capital of the Republika Srpska, Banja Luca.
One man on the street said:
“My comments about the arrest are negative. This isn’t good for Serbia or anyone else.”
Another supporter from Banja Luca said he was sad that the only Serb hero who had fought for the republic had been arrested.
In the centre of Serbia’s capital, about 200 people demonstrated after Mladic was captured.
A Belgrade-based court is holding hearings which could see the former general facing charges of genocide at The Hague in as little as seven working days.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
Wires > News
- 09:40 CET Arab forces strike Houthi-held Yemen military port – local official
- 08:04 CET Erdogan aims to turn Turkey into major defence industry power
- 05:45 CET Afghan Taliban gunmen killed after attack on Kabul guesthouse
- 05:33 CET Indonesian court delays appeal hearing of French death row convict
- 05:27 CET Vatican’s Australian-born budget chief cooperates with child abuse…
- 03:34 CET Thousands of Kosovars mourn Albanian militants killed in Macedonia
- 03:04 CET Afghan insurgents launch late-night attack on Kabul guesthouse
- 01:23 CET Libyan prime minister says survives assassination attempt