World leaders have been reacting to the death of Osama bin Laden.
In Kabul, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said that the al-Qaeda leader’s killing showed the fight against terrorism should be focused in neighbouring Pakistan.
Turkish President Abdullah Gul said bin Laden’s death proved that all terrorist group leaders would eventually face justice.
British Prime Minister David Cameron struck a cautious tone, welcoming bin Laden’s death but warning that the threat of terrorism had not yet been defeated.
Reactions around the world
- Little sympathy for bin Laden in Yemeni and Afghan capitals
- Red faces in Pakistan and fears of reprisals
- Muslims react to al Qaeda leader’s death
- Pakistani reactions to bin Laden death
- Mixed Arab reaction to bin Laden’s death
- America explodes with joy at bin Laden death
- Victims’ families relieved at Osama death