The anticipation was palpable as tens of thousands of fans gathered in the heart of the British capital to share in Prince the Royal couple’s big wedding day.
Not a hint that the monarchy’s popularity among the public has waned in recent years. Many people had travelled from far and wide, just to catch a glimpse of Prince William and his soon to be bride. The hoards of well-wishers were wowed.
“They looked very handsome, all in their regalia, very well dressed, with lots of medals and stuff. Sitting very straight and they look very confident and excited about the day ahead,” one woman said.
“She is an absolutely beautiful girl. She doesn’t wear a whole lot of makeup. She is like us. I’m not saying I’m as beautiful as Kate. But she is like us, she is not one of those, she doesn’t have long fingernails, she doesn’t have a lot makeup. A perfect girl, she is perfect for the royal family,” said another woman from Canada.
It is believed this was the biggest event in London with estimated crowds of one million from across the world. In parks and squares in the heart of the capital giant screens beamed pictures of the historic days events. Elsewhere across the country communities enjoyed street parties and a welcome day off to celebrate the biggest British wedding in decades.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1Putin promises to hunt down killers of opposition figure Boris Nemtsov
- 2‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold?
- 3Japan: Was brutal murder of boy, 13, inspired by ISIL?
- 4Ukraine: Full ceasefire maintained in some areas, Kyiv reports
- 5Right-wing Northern League holds rally in centre of Rome
- 1‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold?
- 2Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- 3Fierce anti-Kremlin critic Boris Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- 4Woman missing at sea after freak waves at Game of Thrones set location
- 5Thousands rally in Athens as Syriza faces backlash over bailout
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 5English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 12Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 13Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 14Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
- 15Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 16‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 17Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
- 20‘Europe’s interests come first’, says new Greek government | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 08:32 CET Activist monk seeks Buddhism overhaul in Thailand over corruption…
- 07:09 CET U.S.-Israel ties fraying over Netanyahu speech, Iran talks
- 00:26 CET Netanyahu takes Iran campaign to Jerusalem holy site
- 23:23 CET Russians to march in memory of murdered critic of Putin
- 22:45 CET Police in Germany’s Bremen heighten security citing possible…
- 20:11 CET Lorry kills protester at roadblock in southern Brazil
- 20:10 CET Kurdish rebel leader in Turkey calls for disarmament congress
- 18:51 CET Women protest on last day of Rio IOC meetings