Now Reading:

One dead in British submarine shooting

world news

One dead in British submarine shooting


British police on Friday arrested one man after a shooting on board a Royal Navy submarine left one person dead and another with life-threatening injuries.

The shooting happened onboard the HMS Astute while it was docked in Southampton, southern England.

Britain’s Ministry of Defence said a Royal Navy serviceman was arrested in connection with the incident.

Local police and the Ministry of Defence said the shooting was not terrorist-related and there was no risk to the public.

The city’s mayor and other dignitaries were on board at the time, but were uninjured, the city council said. A party of schoolchildren had been due to see the ship later in the day.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article