16/03/11 03:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
‘That clown Sarkozy’: see the exclusive euronews interview with Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi the son of Libyan leader Muammer Gaddafi. Coming up on euronews today.
With troops loyal to Gaddafi advancing on the rebels in the east of the country, the Libyan leader’s son Saif al-Islam has given a defiant exclusive interview to euronews.
Reporter Riad Muasses asked him what he will do with those who have fought against the regime.
Saif al-Islam said: “Firstly, they’ve left. You know that at the borders there are crowds who want to return to Egypt. And we with our army and the people we say leave a safe passage for these traitors and the militias. And those who contacted America, Britain and France and those who have asked for the British forces and US army to come back, then those and their families are leaving for Egypt.
“We don’t want to kill, we don’t want revenge, but you, traitors, mercenaries, you have committed crimes against the Libyan people: leave, go in peace to Egypt.”
With the United Nations considering a resolution to impose a no-fly zone, euronews asked what will the Gaddafi regime do if it is adopted.
Saif al-Islam replied: “Military operations are over. Within 48 hours everything will be finished. Our forces are almost in Benghazi. Whatever the decision, it will be too late.”
Gaddafi’s son was then asked that as France was the first country to recognise the Interim Transitional National Council in Benghazi, what was his opinion of President Sarkozy.
Saif al-Islam: “Sarkozy must first give back the money he took from Libya to finance his electoral campaign. We funded it and we have all the details and are ready to reveal everything. The first thing we want this clown to do is to give the money back to the Libyan people. He was given assistance so that he could help them. But he’s disappointed us: give us back our money. We have all the bank details and documents for the transfer operations and we will make everything public soon.”
Wires > News
- 10:26 CET Yemen’s Houthis seize military base, endangering peace talks
- 09:17 CET Three Turkish soldiers killed, 14 others wounded in PKK attack in…
- 08:51 CET Taiwan DPP condemns latest deportation of Taiwanese to China
- 08:37 CET Rare rallies in Vietnam over mysterious mass fish deaths
- 07:04 CET Facing long odds in California, Cruz courts state’s Republicans
- 05:53 CET For Obama, it’s time for one last laugh at annual Washington dinner
- 04:16 CET China trains ‘fishing militia’ to sail into disputed waters
- 03:22 CET Venezuela leader hikes minimum wage 30 percent amid raging…