Boeing has announced deals to sell 10 billion dollars worth of planes to Air China – the country’s flagship carrier – and Hong Kong based Hainan Airlines.
Air China is buying five of Boeing’s newest, largest version of the 747 jumbo jet; with 450 seats it is a rival to the Airbus A380. It is a significant sale because orders for that Boeing aircraft have been slow.
China is the world’s fastest growing market and likely to buy more than 2,000 aircraft over the next five years.
As air travel becomes more popular among China’s increasingly wealthy population, Chinese airlines are keen to expand fleets to compete with regional players such as Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific.
China’s purchases of aircraft will help drive overall demand in Asia-Pacific, where average annual air traffic growth is expected to grow by 6.8 percent over the next 20 years, higher than the global pace, Boeing said. Asia-Pacific is likely to make up a third of global aircraft demand over the next 20 years.
- 1Kremlin ‘considering stimulus plan for Russian economy’
- 2To Russia with cash: Chinese tourists offset fall in Western visitors
- 3French and German finance chiefs discuss economic weakness and eurozone recovery
- 4Connecting Europe’s #Digitalsinglemarket
- 5International Energy Agency says oil glut is poised to worsen
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > Business
- 21:37 CET Analtsis – Earnings bolster Cisco, but raise concerns for broader…
- 21:28 CET IMF chief Lagarde goes unchallenged in bid for second term
- 21:18 CET Ex-Rabobank traders lose bid in U.S. to overturn Libor convictions
- 21:02 CET Euro zone ministers’ meetings to become more transparent
- 20:59 CET Twitter shares slump to all-time low as user growth stalls
- 20:13 CET Russia central bank says alerted Deutsche Bank to suspicious…
- 20:11 CET Fed’s Yellen sticks to her guns as global market rout worsens
- 20:01 CET No Bafin probe into Deutsche Bank share price drop – source