Boeing has announced deals to sell 10 billion dollars worth of planes to Air China – the country’s flagship carrier – and Hong Kong based Hainan Airlines.
Air China is buying five of Boeing’s newest, largest version of the 747 jumbo jet; with 450 seats it is a rival to the Airbus A380. It is a significant sale because orders for that Boeing aircraft have been slow.
China is the world’s fastest growing market and likely to buy more than 2,000 aircraft over the next five years.
As air travel becomes more popular among China’s increasingly wealthy population, Chinese airlines are keen to expand fleets to compete with regional players such as Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific.
China’s purchases of aircraft will help drive overall demand in Asia-Pacific, where average annual air traffic growth is expected to grow by 6.8 percent over the next 20 years, higher than the global pace, Boeing said. Asia-Pacific is likely to make up a third of global aircraft demand over the next 20 years.
- 1Putin calls for Russian businesses to fill the sanctions gap
- 2Forex manipulation further undermines trust in international banking
- 3Italy latest EU country to ban UberPop taxi app
- 4First trial of alleged Libor fraudster begins in London
- 5Market starts to wonder where Greece will find money to make repayments
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
Wires > Business
- 17:20 CET Exclusive – Ex-Thomas Cook boss Green to donate part of share…
- 17:07 CET Focus turns to Ryanair as IAG looks to seal Aer Lingus deal
- 16:54 CET EU outlines plans to make multinationals pay their share of tax
- 16:39 CET Greece says has begun drawing up agreement with creditors
- 16:36 CET Lamborghini to build SUV in Italy, launch planned for 2018
- 15:51 CET Aberdeen boosts alternatives muscle with Flag Capital buy
- 15:46 CET How Russia was warned against oil output cut as prices dived
- 15:20 CET UK outlines new law to push through BoE’s reform plans