It’s the beginning of the end for Harry Potter and friends.
‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’, the seventh and penultimate film in the series, premieres in London’s Leicester Square tonight.
Fans worldwide have been eagerly anticipating this latest installment in the adventures of the bespectacled boy wizard.
One fan travelled from Australia to catch a glimpse of lead actor Daniel Radcliffe.
“I think a lot of people have come now, there’s only two more films left, and then that’s it. It’s goodbye to Harry, so we’re all here to give him a fond farewell I think,” she said.
The film tells the story of Harry’s quest to track down and destroy the secret to the evil Voldemort’s immortality.
It hits cinemas across Europe later this month.
The eighth and final chapter in the series will be released next July.
- 1[LIVE UPDATES] Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 2The end of the road for Uber? Executives detained by French police
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Greece to default on IMF loan on Tuesday as banks close and panic buying begins
- 5Croatian President Kolinda Grabar- Kitarovic from peace, recession to feminism
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 6Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 7Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 8NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 19Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > News
- 11:46 CET Man sets himself alight on Japan bullet train, second passenger…
- 11:42 CET Tunisia hotel attacker in contact with militants in Libya – source
- 11:17 CET Denmark tells Germany it will impose border controls
- 11:12 CET China says some South China Sea land reclamation projects completed
- 11:10 CET Israel says Syria’s Assad may be left with rump state
- 10:37 CET Islamic State beheads female civilians for first time in Syria -…
- 10:29 CET Netanyahu buys time to resolve political problems over gas deal
- 10:26 CET U.N., EU urge Thailand to free student protesters, junta leader…