It’s the beginning of the end for Harry Potter and friends.
‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’, the seventh and penultimate film in the series, premieres in London’s Leicester Square tonight.
Fans worldwide have been eagerly anticipating this latest installment in the adventures of the bespectacled boy wizard.
One fan travelled from Australia to catch a glimpse of lead actor Daniel Radcliffe.
“I think a lot of people have come now, there’s only two more films left, and then that’s it. It’s goodbye to Harry, so we’re all here to give him a fond farewell I think,” she said.
The film tells the story of Harry’s quest to track down and destroy the secret to the evil Voldemort’s immortality.
It hits cinemas across Europe later this month.
The eighth and final chapter in the series will be released next July.
- 1G7 says ‘global growth is our urgent priority’
- 2Third night of riots rock Barcelona’s Gràcia district
- 3New video footage: overcrowded migrant boat capsizing
- 4French labour reform action threatens to disrupt Euro 2016 fans
- 5Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
Wires > News
- 16:02 CET Ukraine files defence in $3 billion Russia Eurobond case
- 15:54 CET North Korea threatens retaliation after South Korean warning shots
- 15:42 CET Ugandan court sentences five men to life for 2010 bombings that…
- 14:14 CET Air France shirt-ripper trial postponed
- 13:43 CET Hollande says won’t let protesters choke economy as police clear…
- 13:34 CET Russia may extend counter-sanctions until end-2017 – PM
- 13:23 CET Russia intensifies strikes on Nusra Front oil sites – military…
- 13:22 CET Iran’s uranium stockpile stays within limit set by nuclear deal -…