France continues to be on high alert after the arrest of 12 suspected Islamic extremists on Tuesday morning.
The 11 men and one woman are believed to have links to Al-Qaeda.
Arrests took place during dawn raids in Marseille and Bordeaux.
Three of the suspects were linked to a Frenchman arrested in Naples last week.
France is taking the terror threat seriously.
Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux said after the arrests that “the threat is real. Our vigilance is total and every French citizen must know that we’re doing everything to ensure their safety and protection.”
Security has been tightened in the French capital after authorities received a tip-off last month of a potential suicide attack on the Paris Metro.
Three of those arrested today are suspected of supplying false papers for jihadists returning from Afghanistan.
A further eight are being held on on suspicion of trafficking firearms and explosives.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 13Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 14Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 17Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 03:08 CET Baltimore erupts in riots after funeral of man who died in police…
- 02:50 CET Kerry says Iran, world powers closer than ever to historic nuclear…
- 00:06 CET Mali pro-government militias seize northern town amid clashes
- 22:12 CET Gunman kills Bosnian policeman in apparent Islamist attack
- 21:47 CET Three car bombs kill 19 in Baghdad
- 20:39 CET Stage set for landmark U.S. Supreme Court gay marriage arguments
- 20:18 CET U.S., Japan unveil new defence guidelines for global Japanese role
- 20:13 CET Islamic State kills five journalists working for Libyan TV station…