The world’s largest-ever exhibition dedicated to the French impressionist master Claude Monet has opened in Paris.
The Grand Palais, just off the famous Champs Elysees, runs until January 24.
Hundreds of thousands of visitors are expected to attend. 80,000 tickets have already been sold.
The exhibition includes nearly two hundred works, a third of which come from the collection of the city’s Musee d’Orsay.
The rest have been loaned by galleries and private collectors in the US, Japan, Britain and Russia.
- 1Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 2G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
- 3Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 4In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 5Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Wires > News
- 12:30 CET Japan’s Abe points to 2008 crisis as G7 leaders debate global risk
- 12:21 CET Kremlin – Putin won’t meet Elton John in Moscow this month
- 12:10 CET Iran’s Khamenei calls for vigilance against West’s ‘soft war’ -…
- 12:06 CET In dig at U.S., China says all U.S. arms embargoes should go
- 11:57 CET Kremlin – Savchenko’s release won’t accelerate warming in…
- 11:56 CET Australian family facing deportation underlines UK govt…
- 11:37 CET Niger Delta militant attack shuts down Chevron facility – company…
- 11:11 CET French union leads new anti-reform protests, seeks to maintain…