Founded 16 years ago as an act of resistance to the Bosnian war, the Sarajevo Film Festival now has glitz, glamour and guests like Morgan Freeman.
It also has prizes to hand out and the 2010 winners have just been announced.
The coveted Heart of Sarajevo award for Best Feature Film went to Serbian drama ‘Tilva Ros’, directed by Nikola Lezaic.
It tells the story of two teenagers who spend their time skateboarding in a struggling mining town. When they both fall in love with the same girl, their friendship turns to rivalry.
Winning film-maker Lezaic is taking success in his stride.
“Actually, I am very confused,” he told euronews. “I never expected it at all, this kind of attention or any kind of award. We did this film not for awards but to have fun and do something we would like to see.”
‘Tilva Ros’ also won the Best Actor’s prize, for young amateur Marko Todorovic, one of the skateboarding leads.
Reporting from the ceremony, euronews reporter Wolfgang Spindler said: “In recent years, the Sarajevo Film Festival has certainly become one of the most important cinema events in the Balkans.”
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1Palestinian leadership halts security ties with Israel
- 2LaGuardia runway in ‘good condition’ before Delta Airlines crash-land
- 3South Korea: Man arrested after knife attack on US ambassador
- 450g of sugar per day to be healthy? Easier said than done!
- 5Harrison Ford ‘battered but OK’ after crash landing plane
- 1Iraq intensifies assault on ISIL stronghold, Tikrit
- 2South Korea: Man arrested after knife attack on US ambassador
- 3[Watch] Passengers emergency evacuate crash-landed Airbus A330
- 4The recovery of bodies goes on after Donetsk mine blast
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted
- 1Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted
- 2‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold?
- 3Iraq intensifies assault on ISIL stronghold, Tikrit
- 4[Watch] Passengers emergency evacuate crash-landed Airbus A330
- 5South Korea: Man arrested after knife attack on US ambassador
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 10Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 11Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 12euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 13European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 14Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 17[Watch] Passengers emergency evacuate crash-landed Airbus A330 | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 20Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
Wires > News
- 16:15 CET South Sudan peace talks break up without deal
- 16:07 CET South Korea police investigate U.S. ambassador attacker’s visits…
- 15:58 CET Snowden says he’d like to return to Geneva
- 15:55 CET Greece sends EU reform list, more hurdles before early cash
- 15:15 CET Bangladesh seizes $1.4 million in gold from North Korean diplomat
- 14:24 CET ‘Jihadi John’ link deepens security unease in Kuwait
- 14:16 CET EU hits more of Syrian leader Assad’s supporters with sanctions
- 13:36 CET EU says it’s ready for more Russia sanctions if necessary