Now Reading:

Kabul says NATO 'killed 45 civilians'

world news

Kabul says NATO 'killed 45 civilians'


The Afghan government has accused NATO of killing at least 45 civilians in a rocket attack in southern Helmand province.
One report said President Karzai’s office put the number dead at 52.  He’s demanded an inquiry.
Reports say the attack happened on Friday in the Sangin district as many people, including women and children, crammed into a house to flee fighting between foreign troops and the Taliban.  
Earlier the NATO-led International Security Assistance force said it was investigating the reports.
Civilian deaths caused by Afghanistan’s allies have been a source of friction between President Karzai and his western backers. 
At least 30 people were killed last year in a NATO strike carried out by German forces.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article