French air traffic controllers are striking over EU plans to merge civil aviation authorities in six countries amid fears it could lead to job losses.
The action will last until early Thursday.
Brussels wants to combine French air traffic authorities with those in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium.
The walkout has grounded flights across France.
The European Commission hopes the so-called Single European Sky will improve security, boost capacity and cut the cost of air-traffic services.
But unions say that will put jobs at risk.
Members fear the changes will mean surrendering their civil servant status and generous perks, including an estimated 30 weeks holiday a year.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 11Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 19Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 11:21 CET Sudan army says shot down reconnaissance drone, identity unknown
- 11:05 CET China says U.S. should look to rights problems closer to home
- 10:55 CET Over 50 Thai police punished over links to human trafficking
- 10:54 CET Syrian army captures area on Lebanon border – Hezbollah
- 10:47 CET Australian man could face death penalty in China drug trial
- 10:45 CET China warns Philippine military planes away from disputed sea area…
- 10:44 CET Analysis – France’s Marine Le Pen gambles with political patricide
- 10:36 CET Iran says Maersk ship released, has left its territorial waters -…