Dramatic security camera pictures have been released of a daring commando-style heist in Sweden last year.
A helicopter was seen delivering masked gunmen to the glass roof of a Swedish cash depot. They smashed their way in and used explosives and a mechanical saw to access the huge sums stored.
A haul equivalent to more than four million euros was then loaded into the helicopter. And it was mission accomplished for last September’s pre-dawn raid in Stockholm as the aircraft took off.
Ten people have been charged in connection with the commando-style robbery. Their trial is due to start next month.
The helicopter was later abandoned outside the Swedish capital. Most of the money has still not been found.
Latest world news
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Syria: Russia ‘seeks truce for Aleppo’ after wave of deadly bombings
Wires > News
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees
- 21:07 CET Cash-flush California GOP allows chairman to seek third term
- 20:47 CET ‘It’s over,’ Trump says, eyeing victory in Indiana
- 20:45 CET Rousseff says opponents plotting to water down Brazil labor laws
- 20:39 CET Bergdahl defence can access classified information – ruling
- 20:13 CET Hooded youths clash with police in Paris over labour law
- 20:10 CET France, U.S. target Islamic State with two strikes in Iraq
- 19:08 CET German official denies report on foreign policy shift on Israel