Dramatic security camera pictures have been released of a daring commando-style heist in Sweden last year.
A helicopter was seen delivering masked gunmen to the glass roof of a Swedish cash depot. They smashed their way in and used explosives and a mechanical saw to access the huge sums stored.
A haul equivalent to more than four million euros was then loaded into the helicopter. And it was mission accomplished for last September’s pre-dawn raid in Stockholm as the aircraft took off.
Ten people have been charged in connection with the commando-style robbery. Their trial is due to start next month.
The helicopter was later abandoned outside the Swedish capital. Most of the money has still not been found.
Wires > News
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements
- 13:32 CET UNESCO chief sees threat from cultural destruction
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing