Dramatic security camera pictures have been released of a daring commando-style heist in Sweden last year.
A helicopter was seen delivering masked gunmen to the glass roof of a Swedish cash depot. They smashed their way in and used explosives and a mechanical saw to access the huge sums stored.
A haul equivalent to more than four million euros was then loaded into the helicopter. And it was mission accomplished for last September’s pre-dawn raid in Stockholm as the aircraft took off.
Ten people have been charged in connection with the commando-style robbery. Their trial is due to start next month.
The helicopter was later abandoned outside the Swedish capital. Most of the money has still not been found.
- 1Tony Blair to step down as Middle East representative
- 2Eastern Ukraine: separatists ‘will not push for independence,’ says spokesperson
- 3‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 4Aleksandar Vucic becomes first Serbian leader to visit Albania
- 5Saudi-led airstrikes kill at least 80 in Yemen
- 1‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 2Obama denounces Russia’s ‘increasingly aggressive posture’ on Ukraine
- 3Bunny beaten to death live on Danish radio
- 4Chancellor Merkel heads Forbes most powerful women list – again!
- 5Swiss police arrest several senior Fifa executives in a morning raid at a five-star hotel in Zurich
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 8Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 14EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 16Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 19Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > News
- 08:41 CET Lagarde says still much work to do in Greek debt talks
- 08:14 CET New laws mean Latin America’s domestic workers fare better than…
- 08:11 CET Rolls Royces, movies: private India hospitals go luxe for growth
- 08:04 CET Italy’s Renzi faces election test as scandals overshadow vote
- 07:36 CET China cybersecurity plan aims to protect state secrets: official…
- 07:08 CET Leave cancelled for India’s doctors as heat wave kills 1,300
- 07:04 CET U.S. hopes Chinese island-building will spur Asian response
- 06:59 CET Iran, North Korea forging ballistic, nuclear ties – dissidents