Billed as the most colourful event on the planet – nearly 30,000 people flocked to the 13th World Bodypainting Festival in Carinthia… South Austria.
Over seven days more than 200 artists from 40 nations battled with brushes to create human artworks based on the themes of Subculture – The Preliminary Days – to Sources of Power.
20 young international DJs got in on the act providing musical backing for the breathtaking choreographed displays.
American artist Brian Wolfe put the whole show in perspective.
He said: “I’m very interested in creating beings, you know like new worlds, new people, new things and new life, playing God.”
Wires > News
- 02:50 CET Syrian opposition negotiator quits after peace talks’ failure
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle