Billed as the most colourful event on the planet – nearly 30,000 people flocked to the 13th World Bodypainting Festival in Carinthia… South Austria.
Over seven days more than 200 artists from 40 nations battled with brushes to create human artworks based on the themes of Subculture – The Preliminary Days – to Sources of Power.
20 young international DJs got in on the act providing musical backing for the breathtaking choreographed displays.
American artist Brian Wolfe put the whole show in perspective.
He said: “I’m very interested in creating beings, you know like new worlds, new people, new things and new life, playing God.”
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Trump is Republican presumptive nominee after crushing Cruz in Indiana
Wildfire triggers emergency evacuation in Alberta
Israeli troops shoot dead driver of rammed car
Google and Fiat to team up on self drive cars
Bahrain’s king holidays at Sharm el-Sheikh and tips Egypt for tourism
Wires > News
- 07:48 CET ‘Bongbong’, the son, leads Marcos revival in the Philippines
- 07:36 CET Canadian wildfire forces evacuation order for entire city
- 07:29 CET Turkey approves law among final hurdles for EU visa deal
- 06:14 CET Amid scandal, China military hospital closes doors to new patients
- 05:00 CET Top prosecutor asks to investigate Brazil president
- 04:32 CET Tough-talking mayor keeps poll lead a week before Philippine…
- 04:21 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 04:20 CET Australian mining magnate Clive Palmer won’t seek re-election