Heavy rain and landslides are continuing to wreak havoc across southern and central China, with more torrential rains forecast.
Extreme weather conditions have left 107 people dead. At least 59 others are missing.
An estimated 29 million people have been affected by the floods across 10 provinces and regions.
According to the official Xinhua news agency – since the beginning of July nearly a million people have had to abandon their homes.
Four landslides triggered by heavy rains killed 37 people this week alone.
Rivers of mud swept through villages in the southwestern provinces of Yunnan and Sichuan and in the central province of Hunan.
Japan too has been hit by devastating floods in the northern Kyushu and Chugoku regions.
Evacuation orders have been issued for 85,000 households. At least one person is missing and five people are reported injured.
Weather forecasters say more downpours are expected and the risk of mudslides and flooding in western Japan is very high.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
Latest world news
Taiwan: at least 8 killed as earthquake brings down several buildings
US primaries: Trump leading Republican pack, Sanders gaining on Clinton
Brazil carnival opens, amid growing Zika fears
At least five dead as powerful quake hits southern Taiwan
Former soldier stoned to death in Haiti clashes
Wires > News
- 14:20 CET Explosion kills eight, injures dozens in Pakistan city of Quetta
- 14:12 CET Taiwan quake kills at least 12, fells apartment block
- 13:35 CET British member of Vatican sexual abuse commission leaves
- 13:18 CET Australia to step up Zika testing as two new cases reported
- 13:07 CET Syria signals no ceasefire before borders with Turkey, Jordan shut
- 12:30 CET Nigerians have image problem abroad, hampers emigration to West -…
- 12:27 CET Merkel urges better protection of EU external borders
- 11:24 CET Three British troops injured in covert operation in Iraq – Mirror