Heavy rain and landslides are continuing to wreak havoc across southern and central China, with more torrential rains forecast.
Extreme weather conditions have left 107 people dead. At least 59 others are missing.
An estimated 29 million people have been affected by the floods across 10 provinces and regions.
According to the official Xinhua news agency – since the beginning of July nearly a million people have had to abandon their homes.
Four landslides triggered by heavy rains killed 37 people this week alone.
Rivers of mud swept through villages in the southwestern provinces of Yunnan and Sichuan and in the central province of Hunan.
Japan too has been hit by devastating floods in the northern Kyushu and Chugoku regions.
Evacuation orders have been issued for 85,000 households. At least one person is missing and five people are reported injured.
Weather forecasters say more downpours are expected and the risk of mudslides and flooding in western Japan is very high.
- 1Germanwings crash: Andreas Lubitz ‘received treatment for depression’
- 2German police remove items from flight 9525 co-pilot’s homes
- 3Author Scott Westerfeld captures dramatic footage after New York gas explosion
- 4Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 5Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 1Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 2Amazement in the hometown of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 3Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 4French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately
- 5New reports claim Airbus crash voice recorder reveals pilot ‘was locked out of cockpit’
- 1Germanwings crash: search suspended
- 2Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 3Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’
- 4Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 5Amazement in the hometown of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 11Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > News
- 13:48 CET Germany passes road toll; critics say unfairly targets foreigners
- 13:20 CET Kenya detains 52 in latest roundup over suspected Islamist attack
- 13:19 CET Saudi-led campaign strikes Yemen’s Sanaa, Morocco joins alliance
- 13:12 CET Syria’s Assad calls chlorine allegations ‘malicious propaganda’ -…
- 13:05 CET Power returning to Amsterdam after outage, but transport disrupted
- 12:55 CET Cambodia war crimes court charges another Khmer Rouge cadre
- 12:52 CET Poland to charge two Russian officials over Kaczynski plane crash
- 12:41 CET Insight – In Sudan, an unlikely path to jihad for students