There has been another deadly attack on a school in China. Six nursery school children and a teacher have been killed and at least 20 people injured in Hanzhong city in Shaanxi province.
Reports say they were hacked to death at about 8am local time. The injured have been taken to hospital. China has been shaken by a series of attacks on schools. This is the fifth in under two months.
In March, a man stabbed to death eight pupils at a school in Fujian province and several similar attacks followed.
- 1What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 2Will English remain as the de facto EU official language?
- 3David Cameron’s “unacceptable behaviour” to blame over referendum defeat, Oettinger tells euronews
- 4Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty explained
- 5UK vote for Brexit sees PM David Cameron jump before he’s pushed
Latest world news
Pope Francis says ‘never again’ to Armenians massacred in WWI
Obama stands by ‘back of queue’ warning on post-Brexit UK trade deal
Scotland, London and teenagers speak out against Brexit
Venezuela: opposition says it is on track to organise recall referendum
Spain’s politicians discuss Brexit in final day of general election campaigning
Wires > News
- 11:24 CET Palestinian leader retracts rabbis water poisoning allegation
- 10:46 CET China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- 09:17 CET Thousands rally in Australia for same-sex marriage
- 03:28 CET China media snidely criticise Brexit vote, but upbeat on UK ties
- 03:19 CET Three Mexican federal police gunned down in market
- 23:34 CET Could Brexit vote be a preview of U.S. presidential race?
- 22:21 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote