Cuba has called on the United States to lift its 48 year embargo on the Caribbean Island.
The announcement made by the Speaker of the Parliament Ricardo Alarcon is in response to comments made by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Clinton suggested that Cuba is undermining American efforts to improve relations because the regime would no longer have any excuses for the poor state of the island’s economy.
Alarcon suggested that if Washington believes that President Raul Castro profits from the embargo why not lift it?
When President Barack Obama took office last year he called for better ties with Cuba if Castro moved to improve human rights.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 6India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 7What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17Edgars Rinkevics: “I am gay. Good luck all of you.” | euronews, world news
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 20Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 18:22 CET Merkel against unilaterally recognising Palestine as a state
- 18:04 CET Ebola death toll rises to 5,459; Cuban doctor ‘stable’
- 17:52 CET EU must not change course on U.S. trade talks – EU minister
- 17:32 CET Up to 80 people killed by suspected rebels in eastern Congo – group
- 17:14 CET Italy arrests doctors suspected of taking bribes to discourage…
- 16:47 CET Western leaders step away from nuclear talks with Iran as deadline…
- 16:45 CET U.S. House Republicans sue over Obama’s healthcare law
- 16:42 CET Zimbabwe calls South African report on its 2002 election ‘rubbish’