Now Reading:

Passengers return to Moscow Metro after attacks

world news

Passengers return to Moscow Metro after attacks


At Park Kultury station commuters were remembering the dead and paying their own tributes with flowers and silent prayers. Trains ran as normal on the platform where 24 hours earlier a blast had ripped through the station.

39 people have so far lost their lives in what was believed to be a suicide bomb attack. Suspicion continues to surround a terrorist group from the North Caucasus. Passengers talked about their fear as they made their journey since the tragic events.

“I feel it is terrifying to travel on the metro. Terrifying to travel on an aeroplane, on a train. It makes life very depressing, so it is better to conquer one’s own fear and escape this fear,” said one passenger.

For commuters buying newspapers there was no escaping, the headlines were a poignant reminder of the carnage in their city 24 hours earlier with one paper claiming the secret service had intelligence of a potential attack.

More than 70 are still being treated for their injuries. While the City pauses during its day of mourning Muscovites and the watching world wait for the answers to the many questions that still surround Moscow’s Monday of terror.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article