Filmmaker Roman Polanski was not present to receive a Best Director Silver Bear award at the 60th Berlinale Film Festival.
Friends picked up the prize for the 76-year-old, who
is under house arrest in Switzerland as he fights extradition to the US where he is wanted for an underage sex case dating back 33 years.
‘The Ghost Writer’ is about a writer hired to complete the memoirs of a former British prime minister. The film had its premiere at Berlin.
Turkish film ‘Honey’ was the surprise winner of the coveted Golden Bear for Best Picture. The film features a critically-acclaimed performance by the young Bora Altas as a six-year-old who must face momentous changes at a tender age. The film, which has only sparse dialogue, tells the story of a young boy who ventures into the woods to find his missing father, who is a beekeeper.
Russian film ‘How I Ended This Summer’ picked up several awards. The two stars shared Best Actor, while the director picked up the prize for Outstanding Artistic Contribution.
- 1Russia confirms Turks have shot down one of its planes on Syrian border
- 2Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 3Turkey downing of Russian plane “a stab in the back” says President Vladimir Putin
- 4Five questions on Russia’s air strikes in Syria
- 5French police hunt new suspect over Paris attacks
- 1At least 22 people killed as Mali hotel siege ends
- 2Two suspected terrorists dead, seven arrests in police raid on apartment in Saint-Denis, Paris
- 3ISIL publishes video to “celebrate” Paris attacks as France continues airstrikes
- 4Who were the people behind the Paris bomb attacks?
- 5Hasna Aitboulahcen did not detonate a suicide vest during the St. Denis shoot out
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Latest sport news
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
Wires > News
- 22:05 CET France, Belgium widen probe into Paris attacks, Hollande wins …
- 21:40 CET Obama, Hollande urge Russia to focus Syria attacks on Islamic State
- 21:23 CET Apparent suicide attack on Tunisian presidential guard bus kills 12
- 21:22 CET Landmine kills U.N. peacekeeper in Mali
- 21:10 CET Taking of hostages in northern France not linked to Paris attacks…
- 20:25 CET Despite security fears, Germans aim to enjoy Christmas market…
- 20:08 CET Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border
- 19:54 CET Ex-Wall Street banker Simsek to lead Turkish economy in new cabinet