Kosovo President Fatmir Sejdiu paid a visit to a two-year-old girl named independence born four minutes after Kosovo announced its split from Serbia.
The fledgling nation is celebrating the second anniversary of its unilateral declaration of independence from Serbia.
A festive mood prevailed in the capital Pristina despite the harsh reality of independence:
“ There are changes, naturally, but more is required from the government we want better results,” said one man.
Kosovo declared independence on February 17, 2008, close to a decade after a bloody war between its ethnic Albanian majority and Serb forces ended after NATO drove out the Serbian military.
The US and most European states recognise Kosovo’s independence.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 5Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 9Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 20Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
Wires > News
- 18:21 CET Leftist takes early lead in Turkish Cypriot presidential runoff
- 18:04 CET Syrian jets pound insurgent-held town – monitor
- 18:00 CET Bangladeshi opposition leader says will retaliate if election is…
- 17:39 CET U.S., allies conduct 23 air strikes in Syria, Iraq – military
- 17:38 CET Niger army fights Boko Haram for Lake Chad island after attack
- 17:17 CET Nepal’s hospitals swamped as quake toll passes 2,400, thousands…
- 16:44 CET Car bombs, suicide attack kill at least 22 in Iraq
- 15:41 CET Eyeing Arab ties, Israel to observe nuclear pact meeting