Rescuers are searching for at least two people trapped under the rubble of a collapsed building in the Belgian city of Liege.
The five-storey apartment block gave way at around seven o’clock in the morning local time, five hours after an explosion that authorities believe was caused by a gas leak.
Twenty people were hospitalised and two of them are said to be in a critical condition.
The initial explosion damaged buildings up to 100 metres away. Firefighters were in the process of trying to get two people out from under the debris when the building collapsed.
- 1Afghanistan wedding party ends in massacre
- 2United Arab Emrates leads way with planned mission to Mars
- 3Fires: thousands in emergency shelters as huge blazes take hold in France and Spain
- 4Kurdish women fighting ISIL on the frontline
- 5Growing tension over new Turkish military offensive in Syria and Iraq
- 1Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 2Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 3Turkey appears to attack Kurdish targets in Syria, Turkey denies claim
- 4Saudi King flies into Cote d’Azur amid row over beach closure
- 5Sex, drugs and ‘shocking’ behaviour: Lord Sewel steps down amid allegations of lewd conduct
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 4Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 5Anger over ‘slaughter of 250 pilot whales’ in the Faroe Islands
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9Latest News Bulletin
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 17At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 18Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 19Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Latest world news
South Korea declares end to MERS, World Health Organization exercises caution
Boy Scouts of America lift ban on gay leaders
South Sudan families are reunited after being torn part by civil war
South Sudan set to dominate Obama address to African Union
Turkey and the US plan ‘ISIL-free’ buffer zone in northern Syria
Wires > News
- 10:13 CET German ‘wisemen’ say euro zone states should be able to go bankrupt
- 10:09 CET Attack halts flow in natural gas pipeline from Iran to Turkey
- 10:08 CET Bangladesh police arrest six in crackdown on Islamist groups
- 10:07 CET Rescuers find 13 dead migrants on packed boat off Libyan coast
- 09:59 CET Thailand aims for upgrade from U.S. trafficking blacklist next…
- 09:57 CET Austria investigating Dutch far-right politician Wilders over…
- 09:50 CET Malaysian PM reshuffles cabinet, dumps deputy after 1MDB criticism
- 09:06 CET Two Bahraini policemen killed in bombing – Interior Ministry