Despite days trapped under rubble in searing heat, rescue teams are still pulling people out alive from beneath the concrete of Port-au-Prince.
An Israeli relief team managed to bring out a 22-year-old man suffering from dehydration.
Earlier an 84-year-old woman was saved from certain death after being retrieved from a wrecked building.
The doctor who treated her said she had wounds all over her body and was barely alive, but she has since been stabilised.
However, things are ever so slightly returning to normal and rebuilding work is already underway in the shattered capital.
Some supermarkets and shops are opening for business and banks have started operating again, allowing Haitians access to cash for the first time since the disaster.
According to Haitian authorities 111,000 people are now known to have been killed in the earthquake with 190,000 injured.
The number of homeless stands at 1.5 million.
It is expected that the number of dead will reach 200,000.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 6India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 7What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 16Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 17US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 17:14 CET Italy arrests doctors suspected of taking bribes to discourage…
- 16:47 CET Western leaders step away from nuclear talks with Iran as deadline…
- 16:45 CET U.S. House Republicans sue over Obama’s healthcare law
- 16:42 CET Zimbabwe calls South African report on its 2002 election ‘rubbish’
- 16:40 CET Fugitive Ukraine tycoon wins, then loses, Serbian citizenship
- 16:28 CET U.S. Biden voices support for Ukraine, denounces Russia’s Putin
- 16:27 CET Sudan asks U.N. mission in Darfur to prepare to leave
- 16:16 CET Obama to visit India in January for constitution ceremony, meet…