Despite days trapped under rubble in searing heat, rescue teams are still pulling people out alive from beneath the concrete of Port-au-Prince.
An Israeli relief team managed to bring out a 22-year-old man suffering from dehydration.
Earlier an 84-year-old woman was saved from certain death after being retrieved from a wrecked building.
The doctor who treated her said she had wounds all over her body and was barely alive, but she has since been stabilised.
However, things are ever so slightly returning to normal and rebuilding work is already underway in the shattered capital.
Some supermarkets and shops are opening for business and banks have started operating again, allowing Haitians access to cash for the first time since the disaster.
According to Haitian authorities 111,000 people are now known to have been killed in the earthquake with 190,000 injured.
The number of homeless stands at 1.5 million.
It is expected that the number of dead will reach 200,000.
- 1Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note for day of crash is found at home of Germanwings co-pilot
- 2Germanwings crash: Andreas Lubitz ‘received treatment for depression’
- 3German police remove items from flight 9525 co-pilot’s homes
- 4Author Scott Westerfeld captures dramatic footage after New York gas explosion
- 5Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 1Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 2Amazement in the hometown of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 3Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 4French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately
- 5New reports claim Airbus crash voice recorder reveals pilot ‘was locked out of cockpit’
- 1Germanwings crash: search suspended
- 2Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 3Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’
- 4Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 5Amazement in the hometown of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 11Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > News
- 18:03 CET Islamist fighters kill seven in Somali hotel, officials trapped
- 18:00 CET Congo Republic president says expects referendum over third term
- 17:56 CET Israel says it will release frozen tax revenue to Palestinians
- 17:40 CET Six children wounded when old bomb explodes in Lebanon
- 17:39 CET Sweden’s Tomas Transtromer, Nobel prize-winning poet, dies at 83
- 17:36 CET Ukraine arrests Turkish cargo ship over Crimea port call
- 17:32 CET Power returns to Amsterdam after outage hits a million homes
- 17:31 CET Jail for Zimbabwe men who publicly stripped woman hoped to deter…