Israel has denied any involvement in a suspected attack on the northern Gaza Strip which has left three Hamas militants dead.
The ruling Palestinian Islamist faction says three of its gunmen were killed in an explosion last night near the town of Beit Hanoun.
But Israel says it has not carried out any military action in the area, although on Sunday it vowed a “powerful response” to increasing attacks from the territory.
The incident comes a day after Israel unveiled an anti-rocket system due to be deployed outside the Gaza Strip by June.
Last year, missile attacks from Gaza sparked an Israeli offensive which killed more than 1,400 Palestinians, many of them civilians.
Some critics claim the Iron Dome interceptor system is far from being the best choice to counter the Palestinian rocket threat.
Security analyst, Dr Reuven Pedhazur says: “One missile of Iron Dome will cost 100,000 dollars and a Qassam (rocket) costs about 5 to 10 dollars. So what the Palestinians have to do is just accumulate more and more Qassams… because there is a limit to the number of missiles that Israel can buy.”
But Israel says the cost of a one-day war against Hamas is higher than the cost of 10,000 interceptor missiles, making the system an economic solution.